Old 04-12-2019, 04:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 821 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydex View Post
Good, that disc wasn’t good for anything the second a slight wind picked up.
I'll never understand statements like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2019, 04:46 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,153 Times in 1,585 Posts

Quote:
Good, that disc wasn’t good for anything the second a slight wind picked up.

Completely disagree.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-12-2019, 05:21 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 102 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post

Completely disagree.
To each their own. I thought the mold was useless. The few I threw (new) were closer to beat Roadrunners. I'd rather toss a River or a Leopard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
I'll never understand statements like this.
It means I thought it was a bad mold.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:33 PM
Snowflake

Quote:
To each their own. I thought the mold was useless. The few I threw (new) were closer to beat Roadrunners. I'd rather toss a River or a Leopard.
I have two Falchions, and they're both just like my Champion Sidewinders. Your armspeed is probably fast enough that the Falchion and Sidewinder are relatively understable for you, but the Falchion is a great disc for those of us who do throw the straight-to-slightly understable molds.

Niced: (3)
Old 04-12-2019, 06:06 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
I have two Falchions, and they're both just like my Champion Sidewinders. Your armspeed is probably fast enough that the Falchion and Sidewinder are relatively understable for you, but the Falchion is a great disc for those of us who do throw the straight-to-slightly understable molds.
So, other then a Boss (which i just added today not thrown yet), I actually keep my bag to speed 9 and below. Most of my discs are speed 7, Teebirds, and speed 6, Rivers and Leopards. Everything else is Rocs, Mako3, and Aviars. So I fall on the Stable side of a stable-Understable bag.

I did try to like the Falchion, but any wind sent that disc flipped and to the ground.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:16 PM
Snowflake

Quote:
So, other then a Boss (which i just added today not thrown yet), I actually keep my bag to speed 9 and below. Most of my discs are speed 7, Teebirds, and speed 6, Rivers and Leopards. Everything else is Rocs, Mako3, and Aviars. So I fall on the Stable side of a stable-Understable bag.

I did try to like the Falchion, but any wind sent that disc flipped and to the ground.
My core bag is similar: speed-9-and-below with one high speed driver, but leaning towards straight-to-understable. I never had a problem with my Falchions in tailwinds or mild headwinds. In heavier headwinds, I'd disc up.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:28 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
My core bag is similar: speed-9-and-below with one high speed driver, but leaning towards straight-to-understable. I never had a problem with my Falchions in tailwinds or mild headwinds. In heavier headwinds, I'd disc up.
Yeah, I use very beat Champion Firebirds for high wind.

Either way, I am a bit bummed to see the Core going. I like discs that drift over in their turn as opposed to flipping up and turning, for holds around 325' the Core was perfect.

Niced: (2)
Old 04-12-2019, 10:30 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 166
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
I've been throwing the same Core for like 5 years. If it goes OOP maybe should pick up another...

Although it doesn't like wind all that much, it's truly got a glide of 6 for me. That can get you into trouble in the open, but nothing glides down low hallways like the Core, for that speed range.

Do people find much difference between Core and Fuse?
The Fuse fills out the hand a bit more but in terms of flight a beat, flat Core and a fresh max weight Fuse could cover similar lines. Some of the domey Opto Cores were more overstable than the Fuse could ever be though. If you're looking for a GL Core replacement the Opto X Fuse could be a good choice.

Core is/was a good disc though. It was an easier to throw, glidier Buzzz for a lot of people.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,590 Times in 1,647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
The Fuse fills out the hand a bit more but in terms of flight a beat, flat Core and a fresh max weight Fuse could cover similar lines. Some of the domey Opto Cores were more overstable than the Fuse could ever be though. If you're looking for a GL Core replacement the Opto X Fuse could be a good choice.

Core is/was a good disc though. It was an easier to throw, glidier Buzzz for a lot of people.
Yeah like I said mine is 5 years old, so last fresh Fuse I tried was almost the same so that's in line with what you're saying. Like the 5/6/-1/1 type of flight when I power it down to appropriate levels...and it will get WAY out there on a hyzer flip. Sounds about right then that the Core becomes what a Fuse starts as.

I love it for that easy to throw Buzzz shot like you said...have a low ceiling gap to hit and it doesn't matter how hard or soft you throw it. It'll go through the gap and keep going.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 48
Niced 821 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:

It means I thought it was a bad mold.
You must have poor form.