Old 05-22-2018, 09:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 676 Times in 534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
One good thing about the Trespass is that the rim is more like the Mystere's than the (wider) Tern. Getting that extra distance and glide with a more comfortable rim would be nice. That's the good. The not-so-good is that I'd likely have to season in the disc, and while Trilogy plastics do wear in quickly, it would still need that work.

So... we'll see...
I don't think you really throw hard/far enough to see a ton of benefit in a Trespass. I'd use one if I wanted 400'ish drives.

FWIW, I've liked every Trespass I've thrown. I haven't run into any crappy ones.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2018, 01:32 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,157 Times in 1,587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I don't think you really throw hard/far enough to see a ton of benefit in a Trespass. I'd use one if I wanted 400'ish drives.

FWIW, I've liked every Trespass I've thrown. I haven't run into any crappy ones.
You may well be right about my noodle arm and the Trespass. I *am* hearing and reading that the Trespass is surprisingly good for not-so-powerful throwers. And it sounds like I'm trying to talk myself into this, but my wallet is refusing to agree...
Old 05-23-2018, 10:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 676 Times in 534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
You may well be right about my noodle arm and the Trespass. I *am* hearing and reading that the Trespass is surprisingly good for not-so-powerful throwers. And it sounds like I'm trying to talk myself into this, but my wallet is refusing to agree...
If you get a Trespass, get a light fuzion one. Those tend to be a little less stable and have very good glide. I still think the Trespass will go further for you than the Flow.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-11-2019, 02:00 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 26 Times in 10 Posts

Bump.

I throw destroyers mainly for distance. I picked up a Gold Line Flow just to try out, and loved the distance I was getting when I released it on hyzer, but it got a little squirrely on me when I threw it full power. I heard the Josh Childs Opto Sparkle Flow was the OS answer and good gracious was it. I parked a couple holes at my home course I NEVER birdie because of how hard I could throw it and it hold straight without turning over, but it really didnt fade much, and skipped forward. I'll still use destroyers for headwind, hyzer, and forehand, but these Flows are easily my furthest flying disc now. I even contacted Josh and got 2 more as backups.

Old 09-20-2019, 12:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,590 Times in 1,647 Posts

I never see anyone throwing this disc, but I keep being impressed by how good my domey Opto Flow is at flying golf lines while still having a ton of glide and being wind resistant. It's like a speed 11 Teebird, or 11 speed Thunderbird that has been worked in a bit. Like 11/5+/-0/2. It just hints at turning while wanting to hold real straight, but in a moderate headwind or crosswind it still doesn't do anything weird and keeps on its line. Pure straight lines with a pushing left finish, and it'll also bomb pretty good if you turn it over for a gliding flex shot.

I'm really surprised at how it can be so wind resistant while being domey like that. The downside to the dome is I don't love FH'ing it, although I have smashed it on some FH shots and it gets out there.

This just seems like it'd be a good stable-OS driver for lots of arm speeds when not looking for the beefy bookend stability, and a good neutral-OS driver for higher arm speeds.

Niced: (1)