Old 10-18-2019, 10:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 114
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 29 Times in 19 Posts
Default Nashville/Murfreesboro

I am flying into Nashville on the 30th, and am expected to land around 10. I will have time for one really good course, plus a 9 hole or even short 18 hole course, before I have to travel to Murfreesboro. Also, on the 31st I will have time for a round. Any suggestions? I'm staying outside of Murfreesboro so I'd like to stay on the eastern side of the city on 10/30.

Thanks, Andrew
Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2019, 01:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 227
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 61 Times in 53 Posts

Seven Oaks is really close to the airport. It can get busy in the afternoon, so a morning round will let you get thru it pretty quick.

Cane Ridge is on the way to Murfreesboro just a couple minutes off the Old Hickory exit on I 24, maybe 20min from the airport. It has a big 18 hole course and a short 18 hole course. Both courses are mostly wooded. Daddy Cane has some long technical holes with short ace runs sprinkled in. Baby Cane has mostly short holes, a couple chip shot aces, tight lines with a couple long technical holes. Both courses' front and back 9s dump you out at the parking lot across the street (not next to) the tennis courts, so you can break it up however you want. The short course front 9 is up the hill near the basketball courts and the back 9 starts behind the bathroom. #1 of the long course is down the hill of the parking lot running parallel with the dead end road. #2 is next to the tree line to the right past the tennis court parking lot. #9 finishes at the tennis courts. Walk up the hill and around the wood line to the left and go into the 2nd opening (1st is #18 basket).

Sharp Springs in Smyrna is also on the way to Murfreesboro about 10min off the Sam Ridley exit on I 24. Murfreesboro is about 15-20min from Sharp Springs Park. It has a good mix of woods and open with cornfields, with a couple alternate and extra holes. This is one of my favorite Middle TN courses along with Daddy Cane and Cedar Hill.