Old 01-31-2018, 06:34 PM
Par Member

Niced 42 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vihay View Post
I have a K2 Berg which has been in and out of my bag for two years. For some reason I even sold it to my friend for awhile, but then traded it back

I have recently used it again for short FH approaches and its pure money especially in icy conditions. Now I bought a black K3 Berg and this one has even better feel for flicks, because K3s have more concave top that makes the depth of the rim shallower.

Ive been unable to throw that K3 yet. How are K3s beating in? Straight flight without fade and dropping out of sky? At least my K2 hasnt lost its fade.
Interesting on the k3 making the rim shallower. My tiny hands love that.

Gonna try k3 instead of k1 then.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2018, 10:32 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 489 Times in 264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacledbear View Post
Interesting on the k3 making the rim shallower. My tiny hands love that.

Gonna try k3 instead of k1 then.
I prefer a shallower rim as well. Wonder how the baseline K3 plastic holds up. Unfortunately I've become enamored with baseline plastic that's not priced like baseline plastic.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.6
Courses Played: 29
Niced 178 Times in 109 Posts

alright, so i have been thinking about revisiting the berg,just because it feels so great and its a nice and overstable disc. i currently throw serpents,one new and one beat as well as a jokeri for the faster,short mid os disc. i feel the berg would overlap with the new serpent,even though it has less glide and more LSS. i guess im trying to justify a purchase but not sure if its a necessity.

i remember throwing my first run berg and it was really os, didnt feel versatile thrown bh so i got rid of it. are lighter k1's or k2's more workable or is the berg just that consistent among different weights?
Old 02-06-2018, 06:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.6
Courses Played: 29
Niced 178 Times in 109 Posts

anyone?
Old 02-07-2018, 06:22 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 11
Niced 20 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
anyone?
K2 is generally less stable and yes lighter weights make it less stable. I advise to buy k3 plastic for less stable. Its far more durable than dx and the shape of berg makes it even more durable.

K2 and k1 is the most understable when the top is flat. Bubble in the puddle makes it more stable.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:15 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 12
Niced 489 Times in 264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by treekickluv View Post
K2 is generally less stable and yes lighter weights make it less stable. I advise to buy k3 plastic for less stable. Its far more durable than dx and the shape of berg makes it even more durable.

K2 and k1 is the most understable when the top is flat. Bubble in the puddle makes it more stable.
Picked up a K1 glow at 174g and went ahead and grabbed a K3 at 172g. K1 feels as magnificent as advertised, firm, grippy, with a bubble in the puddle, K3 is definitely grippy and flat.

Throwing them soon, hopefully the K3 will turn into a nice slow turnover thrower for me. Anybody putting with K3?
Old 02-08-2018, 01:57 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a K2 Berg on the way. How will it hold up in a headwind?
Old 02-08-2018, 02:00 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 42 Times in 28 Posts

Decided to jump on the Berg train after loosing my money Scale. Damn, are these things rad. The feel, as mentioned earlier, is so unique and I personally love it. I now have a pretty beat K3 that is dead straight and just drops like a Berg should. I primarily use the K3 for FH due to the flat top, but all three are comfortable for both BH and FH. My K2 and K1 are both workable but def still Bergs. I guess you could say they have more glide but I think its splitting hairs. All three plastics will hold an anny for me and just flatten out as it drops, doesnt really come back per se. I use them so much in the woods and other courses around here and if I lived where there were more wide open courses, Id probably just throw my Wizs. But they just feel so nice, that my inner mold minimalist will have to deal.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 32
Niced 316 Times in 200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFlamethrower View Post
It will be so steady, you'll see.

^ to PocketSand wanting to be a minimalist. I try but the Berg does one thing so well for me - short FH shots where accuracy is key. I've never used anything like it for that purpose. Good to have role players.

Niced: (2)

Old 02-09-2018, 02:50 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 28
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFlamethrower View Post
I've never had my K2 flip in the wind and it's got some substantial wear. But I'm still often surprised by it's lack of fade. It goes straight, slows down (not that it ever goes that fast even thrown downhill) and then drops. That is actually the specific hole/shot that keeps it in the bag. 250' with a 50' drop just rip it at the pin and let it drop in.