Old 11-22-2015, 10:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 289 Times in 184 Posts

I won one of these recently - are they a regular production mold? Legacy doesn't even list it on their webpage.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2015, 11:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 68 Times in 27 Posts

Am i the only one that thinks that is an ugly proto stamp? Simplicity is a virtue.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:18 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 8
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Legacy has been slacking a bit on their web page but the Prowler is indeed a regular rotation disc. The first runs came out a short while ago. hang on a second...

Old 12-02-2015, 09:52 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I picked up one of these the other day on a whim and am absolutely loving it. I haven't gotten to play a round with it and I've only really used it for about a half hour total, but I can't say enough how good it feels in my hand, and how clean of a release I get.

I have smaller hands, and while I liked Wizards, they were always a tad too deep to be truly comfortable.

From the first putt I sank with it I've had confidence in the thing. First putter I've tried that I've felt that way, and I've been through a lot of different putters.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 18 Times in 10 Posts

I've got two sessions (3 rounds total) done with the Sparkle Prowler, I think I'm going to stick with it over my Icon Clutch. Maybe it's the small bead, maybe it's the Sparkle having just a different tactile feel than the Icon or maybe it's the Prowler having a neat stamp (US Masters) compared to the bland, vanilla production run stamp on the Clutch with the numbers , but it seems to be working slightly better. Only downside so far is that chains/baskets don't seem to love the Prowler, have to land it soft and low on the chains dead center or it'll come out (yes, even had spit-throughs and hitting dead in the heart of chains only to get a pole-out).

With the shortened winter layouts, I've even found myself throwing it off the tee (as well as the Hunter), though it's not quite as stable as maybe I'd like it to be for those purposes, have to finesse the touch a bit too much, don't have as much of an error margin as I would say with a VIP Harp (which I used to own).
Old 02-05-2016, 12:38 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,112 Times in 746 Posts

This is a really weird putter but i like it. The lower nose and bead seem like a unique combo. Its slightly understable when mashed on hard but holds a line like a lot of beaded discs and doesnt flip up or over into a hard turn. The fade when thrown on a hyzer is a nice glidey FW finish without any real bite even nose up short approaches.

Dont think ill keep it in the bag as i dont have any real use but glad i got to try it out. FWIW mine is a lighter blue baseline plastic. Pretty hard stuff in the MN winter.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 81
Niced 126 Times in 74 Posts

I have been contemplating switching from my Wizards to another putter. I have a pair of protege Clozers that I really like. Are people liking these more than their Clozers?
Old 05-24-2016, 04:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 86
Niced 337 Times in 182 Posts

For straight up putting they are fairly similar in feel to a wizard. But for throwing they aren't going to be stable enough. They fly like a beat wizard.

They also have a narrower rim that didn't work as well with my normal power grip for full throws.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:02 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 81
Niced 126 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzzChief View Post
For straight up putting they are fairly similar in feel to a wizard. But for throwing they aren't going to be stable enough. They fly like a beat wizard.

They also have a narrower rim that didn't work as well with my normal power grip for full throws.
Thanks, I am looking for a new putter that is strictly putting. Been in a funk lately, think I'll stick with the clozers since I already have them. Kinda hoping for something that putts like a glidey wizard

Old 05-26-2016, 07:14 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 17
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Kinda off topic a smidge, but what would be a lower profile wizard? I like wizards but have smaller hands and they are just too deep. I remember throwing a proto Steady but the plastic was too soft for my liking. I really like Pa3s but I am still looking for alternatives.