Old 08-18-2018, 02:09 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 427 Times in 363 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Could also be because a 150g star Destroyer isn't really a "girly" disc. Even in light weight the one I have takes some serious arm to get a full flex shot out of.

In other words, light star Destroyers are anything but flippy. Actually a fairly useful disc for being so light.

I've thrown 2 starlite Bosses. Those (on the other hand) are girly, flippy junk. They don't hold a line and even when I throw on a pretty steep hyzer will turn and burn every time.
A wimpy arm disc is a DX Dragon, I can get even a new one to fade to the right rather then left without even going full power on the disc.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2018, 06:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 3
Niced 151 Times in 106 Posts

Found a pro plastic destroyer newer run I guess, that is very overstable. Anyone find this to be true as well?
Old 08-18-2018, 05:46 PM
I Don't Actually Disc Golf

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,149 Times in 917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Smooth View Post
Found a pro plastic destroyer newer run I guess, that is very overstable. Anyone find this to be true as well?
Just the opposite for me. I carry a Pro Destroyer as my windy weather driver, but it's not as overstable as my Star Destroyer or even my Blizzard Destroyer. And that's fresh out of the box; I imagine it'll be even less OS with more use.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-18-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Smooth View Post
Problem with Destroyers is that the lower the dome the more beefy it is, true for Pro and both Star plastics. The Champion it is the same but not as noticeable as the Pro and Star plastic.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:54 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Problem with Destroyers is that the lower the dome the more beefy it is, true for Pro and both Star plastics. The Champion it is the same but not as noticeable as the Pro and Star plastic.
The problem (and beauty) of Destroyers is that what you're saying isn't the case across the board. Every flat embossed star I've thrown has been flippy, while the ones with moderate dome have been straighter. I've only thrown a couple pop-tops, but they fit your claim and have been less stable, but not as much so as the flat ones. My experience is all with blues, so maybe it's different for other colors. I don't buy destroyers unless I can see them in person.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpiperpan View Post
The problem (and beauty) of Destroyers is that what you're saying isn't the case across the board. Every flat embossed star I've thrown has been flippy, while the ones with moderate dome have been straighter. I've only thrown a couple pop-tops, but they fit your claim and have been less stable, but not as much so as the flat ones. My experience is all with blues, so maybe it's different for other colors. I don't buy destroyers unless I can see them in person.
Depends on the person who's name was stamped on the disc.

I agree, I will not get a Destoyer in Champion as the disc for me has to be lower average dome with the very top part that would be dome is flat. I need to look for those more flat middle with drop down Destroyer or they are in flat/low top not enough glide, and avoid the high dome/pop top or they are too much like the top being off of a Champion Dominator.

I agree the Destroyer as well as a few others from Innova need to be looked at in person for a disc as these disc varies from disc to disc, but usually not in the way they fly if you get one like the old disc you liked.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:45 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 107 Times in 69 Posts

How are the brinster destroyers? Poptop or flat? Stiff or soft?
Old 08-30-2018, 11:08 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 29.3
Courses Played: 42
Niced 70 Times in 36 Posts

Whats going on Destroyer people ? Who wants some Destroyer Pron?

Niced: (2)
Old 09-17-2018, 08:57 PM

Niced 12 Times in 8 Posts

Were Proto Star G * Destroyers a thing?

Old 09-17-2018, 09:45 PM

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 33
Niced 10 Times in 4 Posts

I learned quit a bit about Destroyers over the last few years. Destoryer's have so much variance. I always have to take it to the field to test it out. I have 1 Pro that flies long a longer Roadrunner. It's a beast downwind driver. I have 2 S-lines that are overstable turds. I have one S-line 163 that is also too understable most of the time. I have a Philo that is an absolute glidy long bomber. I have a S-line 171 that is what I expect out of a Destroyer.