Old 10-28-2017, 02:03 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 47.4
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 323 Times in 180 Posts

No big disc changes. My circle putter and most soft approach disc is a Vibram Sole. This year a VP or a soft Harp is likely to replace Breakers for long putt, beefy approach, and some drives. Switch to from Z to ESP Meteor. Minor thoughts of tapping my gstar teebird and leopard stock, but I never do. ... Legacy and MVP/Axiom 7-warp speed are my current try out interests for field bag. Legacy Pinnacle plastic feels 4 season great in my Cannons. Patriots, outlaws, and rivals I may try. Perhaps a revisit to Reptilian Disc Golf putters and mids.
More towels and backup towels highly compressed in little ziplocks.
More diligent use of my bag flaps and cart cover.
Thoughts of a throw glove as I age. Traditionally in heavy cold I wear a glove on my left (off hand) and a ice fishing mitten with a heat pack on the right (primary throw hand)
I do use glow tape in the winter and I do apply on grip points on the top plate of some discs. (My Z Hornet keeps its tape year around for Superstition and a grip spot)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2017, 02:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 47.4
Courses Played: 59
Niced 323 Times in 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedV View Post
I wonder if the Jawbreaker Zone would be even better to swap in. I'm very tempted to order one.
Hold off and see some Jawbreaker from fellow throwers in person. IMHO; it fuzzes, sharp cuts, and warps easy if you are hitting obstacles. More so than X. Enough to make me question the lifespan of the plastic.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:56 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 721 Times in 348 Posts

When it gets very cold here in Massaachusetts, I'll need to wear some layers, which affects my range of motion. I generally choose to disc down to somewhat slower discs because of this.

I wear mechanics gloves for the cold. The grip is okay. I don't specifically change any plastics for weather.

I sometimes tape thin ribbons atop the discs in order to find them better in snow. The ribbon seems to affect the flights somewhat, but it's better than sitting at home thinking about throwing.

No white discs in the snow.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-29-2017, 04:01 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 25
Niced 619 Times in 532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraka View Post
With winter approaching here in the Seattle area. My home course is wet and muddy. I Change my champion discs to soft and more grip plastics and whittle it down from 9 discs to only 3 discs and carry them in my waterproof jackets front pouch. What do you guys do?
What do I do?, I tend to use the same discs just use a big Wilson golf Towel I got in late 2006. I have a second towel made from the old version of the league's shirt one that was a 2XL or 3XL that nobody used or wanted. Also I use more Star or ESP discs for winter Snow (South Dakota gets Snow) use but one Disc is Champion only My Destroyers, Another the Impact Is only in ESP if you want a non baseline plastic. The rest have a Star/ESP Backup in summer in same wight but for Winter they reverse and ESP is the main disc. I just got New as of July, 2 Magnet Putters in Jawbreaker 173-174 grams to Replace my hard Pro D Magnets, one gone the softer hard Pro D Magnet 175 grams as it had a chunk taken out of it due to hitting a tree on a long putt; the pre 2006 stiff hard Pro D Magnet 173-174 grams is the disc still in my bag as a putter for windy days to a point, then the max weight Sharks take over and hot weather when the Jawbreaker plastic gets more gummy
Old 10-29-2017, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
When it gets very cold here in Massaachusetts, I'll need to wear some layers, which affects my range of motion. I generally choose to disc down to somewhat slower discs because of this.

I wear mechanics gloves for the cold. The grip is okay. I don't specifically change any plastics for weather.

I sometimes tape thin ribbons atop the discs in order to find them better in snow. The ribbon seems to affect the flights somewhat, but it's better than sitting at home thinking about throwing.

No white discs in the snow.
I bet you South Dakota Gets Colder, we have to wear layers yes they affect my range of motion but I tend to not Disc Down except with my Max distance driver the Destroyer, I tend to accept the disc will fly less far and that most will have the same issue.

I do the same wearing gloves in winter, some UA sports Glove also used for Running that have UA little grippers on them that I can just barley fit a thin pair of cotton knit gloves under for more warmth if needed.

Old 10-29-2017, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDSM View Post
Hold off and see some Jawbreaker from fellow throwers in person. IMHO; it fuzzes, sharp cuts, and warps easy if you are hitting obstacles. More so than X. Enough to make me question the lifespan of the plastic.
It is Stronger then Pro D though. Yes it gets twisted easy but can be twisted back. It dose not fuzz but does get cuts in it easier then Elite X. I feel it is better then Pro D toughness wise but less then Elite X.