Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

Old 05-16-2009, 02:37 PM

Courses Played: 7
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

not to stir up any trouble here, but why do you guys on here call it "ball golf". It's just "golf", thats why they are named the PGA (Prfoessional Golf Asssociatation). There is a reason we have the PDGA (Professionial DISC GOLF Association), because this is Disc Golf. and that is golf, not "ball golf"
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 23
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLdayDRE View Post
not to stir up any trouble here, but why do you guys on here call it "ball golf". It's just "golf", thats why they are named the PGA (Prfoessional Golf Asssociatation). There is a reason we have the PDGA (Professionial DISC GOLF Association), because this is Disc Golf. and that is golf, not "ball golf"
its just a nomer for distinguishing between golf played with little balls and golf played with discs. Most disc golfers call "golf," ball golf.

I take it you play 'golf' and most likely just have started playing disc golf
Old 05-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 163
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,135 Times in 1,006 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIZZLE TOSSLER View Post
me too but.......... wouldn't it be cool to have a (OK lets call it "chill-house" or something along those lines) place on the course where discs are sold, ping pong and pool table, big screen TV, video games, small cafe, beer, stage for music, heck why not even a head shop.... the whole nine yards.
Like a disc-oteque? *rim shot* No but seriously, that just sounds like it would draw more of the area's finest police to dick around the park trying to catch stoners and DUI magnets, the last thing I want to see walking up to the first tee is the fuzz, and I don't even smoke or drink.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:11 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 74
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLdayDRE View Post
I like to call it "ball golf" because the phrase "disc golf" sounds kinda "me too" (i.e. "It's like golf, but with Frisbees"), and I don't play ball golf at all, so in my mind the only golf is disc golf. So "golf" to me is disc golf, and thus the phrase "ball golf".

Old 05-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 74
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
…that just sounds like it would draw more of the area's finest police to dick around the park trying to catch stoners and DUI magnets, the last thing I want to see walking up to the first tee is the fuzz, and I don't even smoke or drink.
There would still be the free park courses, but having an upscale or paid course would be no different than the paid ball golf courses. Equally susceptible to DUIs and the like.

I like the low-key nature of the sport, but was just thinking out loud about why it's not more popular. I would like to see both options for courses. Free is nice too!

I was thinking along the lines of how a group could make an event out of a round, as ball golfers do. Thought it might add to the acceptance/legitimacy of the sport a bit more.