Old 01-09-2014, 06:29 PM
Finders Keepers Anonymous Pond Diver

Courses Played: 8
Niced 30 Times in 25 Posts

So then am I selling my discs on here for a good price compared to what everyone else is selling them for? For example I sell most of my discs for the same dollar amount as the rating. I.e. a star boss 8/10 for $8.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

The whole ebay auctions have driven the prices up. Everyone seems to try to get rich selling discs.
Some sale high cause they don't want to lose money in the deal.

In my opinion, anyone that lists a stock disc (any disc I can buy today from DD, GGGT, Marshall street, etc) for more that 14$ new, isn't getting my business. Unless it is what I am looking for, Right weight, color and plastic.
Used discs better have good pictures, good descriptions and be from someone with good feedback.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonbeezy1 View Post
So then am I selling my discs on here for a good price compared to what everyone else is selling them for? For example I sell most of my discs for the same dollar amount as the rating. I.e. a star boss 8/10 for $8.
That same Star Boss may sell for $15-20 on Facebook, you never know what someone is going to bid. Perhaps they had a matching one that was their go-to and lost it in a lake .
Old 01-10-2014, 01:03 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I've got good deals on here and on FacePlace. It's all in what you're looking for at the time. I don't believe I over paid on either deal. $22 w/shipping for a 9/10 Star Beast and Leo on FaceFace. Got a good deal on an old pre Berry Beast from Fleabay. All in the colors I was looking for. Weights were close enough. Like someone said earlier, a disc is worth what someone will pay for it. If you feel you're low balling yourself then raise your prices up a buck or two. :cheers:
Old 01-10-2014, 06:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 26.4
Courses Played: 189
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

I always thought it was greed
Old 01-10-2014, 08:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 41
Niced 50 Times in 30 Posts

To the OP, if you are trying to sell a standard stock Innova disc, I think your $ to sleepy scale is a good method.

As many have said, the listed price on many threads is not always the "sales" price. A more accurate sales price is what it actually sold for.

Personally, I generally list my discs for a little higher than that. For stock disc I will usually do $2 to $5 less than online retail based on condition. I list about 100 discs when I do it, and will probably only sell/trade 10 of them at those prices.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroom View Post
The whole ebay auctions have driven the prices up. Everyone seems to try to get rich selling discs.
Some sale high cause they don't want to lose money in the deal.

In my opinion, anyone that lists a stock disc (any disc I can buy today from DD, GGGT, Marshall street, etc) for more that 14$ new, isn't getting my business. Unless it is what I am looking for, Right weight, color and plastic.
Used discs better have good pictures, good descriptions and be from someone with good feedback.
oooh lol.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I generally only bother trying to sell discs here or facebook if they are in good condition (maybe thrown a couple times)

Generally 8/10 with ink throwers go for $9 shipped. Considering my PIAS sells star discs at $10, Champ at $8 that's not a bad price to pay for throwers.

If someone offers my $7 for a disc I ignore them and just sell it to PIAS for the $4-5 they will give me and save myself the $3 shipping costs.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 28
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

If it wasn't for Rock30 Games here in town we would be stuck paying 20+ tax for premium plastic from Scheels. I can see how some people just don't have access to decently priced discs. Usually if you are only ordering one or two discs from an online store shipping brings the price up, and shipping is usually included in the price for MP discs. I can see how someone would pay 12+ for one on here rather than ordering from a company.

I've had nothing but good experiences so far in the MP here and have no complaints about the price of anything I've received. In fact I would say I got some good deals.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 20
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

If it is posted on a FSOT page then it might also be trade bait. I don't want to price my stuff super high but I do normally list certain discs at a slightly higher price if I feel they have potential to bring in a trade I want. The way I look at it, if a disc is desirable and in good condition there is a good chance that someone who wants it has something I want that they don't care for. So a even trade for something I want is worth more to me than the $10 someone might be willing to pay for it outright. But if someone decides to buy that same disc for $12-$14 then it gets me pretty close to being able to buy something from my want list.
Just my two cents.