Old 01-10-2014, 08:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 217 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
When you go to an online shop, a new disc is typically in the 12-15 range, plus you have to pay for shipping. On here, you're usually getting a lightly used disc for 10-12, with shipping included.
This needs to be stated again. People selling in the MP are generally taking a good loss on the discs because of shipping being included. However, a lot of buyers on here forget about that and still lowball. Kinda sucks.

I would say to the OP, though, $8 for a Star Boss in 8/10 condition is too cheap. You're only gonna net $5 on that after shipping. Not really worth it as a seller, if you ask me.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2014, 02:21 AM
Moderate Superator

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

OR you buy an awesome rainbow foiled Gator for $13 at a disc store and think you can maybe make a couple bucks in mark up only to find out the same disc is available online for $8-10 shipped free. Then throw the disc in 20 MPH crosswind and the disc flies like an arrow and decide "HOLY CRAP!!! That's exactly what I've been looking for. Where can I get one???" OH YEAH!!! It's mine all mine baby!!!!
Mwa-ha ha ha ha ha ha

Old 01-11-2014, 02:29 AM
Moderate Superator

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
I would say to the OP, though, $8 for a Star Boss in 8/10 condition is too cheap. You're only gonna net $5 on that after shipping. Not really worth it as a seller, if you ask me.
I recently started selling my unused discs. I posted the ones I though would be popular with the 'OBO' designation. Almost none of them sold. People started snagging the stuff I didn't think would move. I did a Pro Destroyer for $6 shipped and it was something he had been looking for. And it was MAYBE a 6 or 7/10. I don't get it. I'm not making much when you consider the investment I have in the plastic. I'm just getting a little something out of a disc that didn't fit my style.