Old 03-03-2017, 01:55 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 108 Times in 85 Posts

Matrix is really a longer E atom. My matrix had some noticeable turn after a little wear, while Envy's tend to lose their fade and never really develop any turn. I think for envy it goes envy-volt-wrath, while proxy kinda goes from alias to octane.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2017, 11:13 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 163
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,123 Times in 1,002 Posts

I finally got my mitts on one of these thanks to some sucker discerning gentleman that turned loose of one to PIAS. It's a rad as hell color combo too, pink overmold on orange proton core. 175g and has clearly been well loved but it's buttery straight. What an unheralded midrange. Yeah, it's pretty much like everybody has said, a little slower putter-esque speed, very solid HSS and soft LSS. It's a range finder, not a distance gobbler.

I have no idea if it'll stick in my MVP/Axiom bag. The domey Vector pretty much has my OS slot on lockdown, the Axis is still a magical hyzer-flipper and the Theory is so usefully US. It's not remarkably good at anything but it has the potential to be gap hitting machine in the woods so it could stick (yeah, I know, I still need to try a Proxy/Envy for this). I thought the Matrix might fill that role but that disc releases late for me for some reason and smashes the first tree on the right too much.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-15-2017, 11:23 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,035 Times in 527 Posts

The problem is that MVP just makes too many good discs.

Old 07-15-2017, 11:30 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,087 Times in 730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
I finally got my mitts on one of these thanks to some sucker discerning gentleman that turned loose of one to PIAS. It's a rad as hell color combo too, pink overmold on orange proton core. 175g and has clearly been well loved but it's buttery straight. What an unheralded midrange. Yeah, it's pretty much like everybody has said, a little slower putter-esque speed, very solid HSS and soft LSS. It's a range finder, not a distance gobbler.

I have no idea if it'll stick in my MVP/Axiom bag. The domey Vector pretty much has my OS slot on lockdown, the Axis is still a magical hyzer-flipper and the Theory is so usefully US. It's not remarkably good at anything but it has the potential to be gap hitting machine in the woods so it could stick (yeah, I know, I still need to try a Proxy/Envy for this). I thought the Matrix might fill that role but that disc releases late for me for some reason and smashes the first tree on the right too much.
Sounds right. Fantasticalishmid but no real need here. It handles some power very well in the HSS department without really caring about release angle which is always nice in this stooopid heavy midrange dg world.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:50 AM

Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcón View Post
The problem is that MVP just makes too many good discs.
Agreed. Need more time to throw them all!
Old 10-04-2018, 01:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 435 Times in 284 Posts

Not seeing this addressed in the last few pages, so here goes.

Looking for additional options for stable/neutral FH mids. Alias is presently at the top of a short list of stuff I haven't tried in this role but could be interested in. An envy or atom will be tough to best in this role, especially when paired with a zone or mortar or the like, so keep in mind I've considered the more obvious choices.

How does the Alias respond to a flick? I understand I could easily go with something a click more stable with more fade to hide any inconsistencies in form, but at present I'm hunting down that elusive combination of solid 0 turn with little fade in a mid. Or alternatively just throw something more like a 0/2 hard and low and let it bury itself before the fade kicks in. Still though, interested in straight, controlled, non-driver FH options.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 19
Niced 861 Times in 488 Posts

It handles placement flicks well. It doesn't eat OAT like the Envy, but I have made many good shots with it.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 435 Times in 284 Posts

At this point, it's looking like:

Dagger putter
Dagger thrower

P Spin

N/P Atom
Zone

Vertex
Axis
Vector

…I was thinking about going Alias over the Axis, and then maybe a Mortar/AviarX3 combo over the zone. This will probably still change some, but yeah. The other advantage of the 1.1mm gyro putters is the small diameter paired with relatively good distance potential. I wish you'd see more small diameter stable/neutral mids, really.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 29
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

So the Alias was my favorite mid when I got it. It replaced an Axis I had lost and I never looked back. It is so point and shoot perfect. When I lost my first Alias on an ace run that went too long into a creek (in January), I bought 2 more to replace it. Then bought a third just because. I can hit pretty much any line any time with it. And watching it in flight, so smooth, it's a thing of beauty.

But, I stopped carrying it.

The thing is, the Proxy is everything the Alias is, but more rangeable. I can throw it just about as far, probably within 10-20' on average, and honestly, there have been times I have thrown the Proxy further, but the Proxy also powers down so much better.

I will still throw the Alias on one disc rounds for the extra distance it gets me, but otherwise, it just gets outclassed by the Proxy.

But that's me, and I only carry 6 discs per round. You may like the Alias and something like a Proxy. They are similar, but can exist in the same universe.