Old 12-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah Cooter a bunch of people on this forum definitely disagree with me on that point, but a whole bunch of people agree with me too. I threw a 174 proton Ion for almost a year and didn't get the same results as you. In fact I didn't sense or perceive a unique flight quality to any of the MVP discs I bagged or borrowed, which surprised me because MVP discs and the gyro technology appeal to me. They flew exactly as any other disc does for me, no subtly different gliding, turning, or fading. But this has been discussed ad nauseam and is off topic, I shouldn't have mentioned it and I apologize.

What I was trying to point out is that I'm happy that MVP has been catering more to my taste lately lol. Baseline putters from them feels like a long time coming because otherwise I personally wouldn't even consider putting with an MVP putter again. I imagine that is true for a lot of people.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2014, 11:57 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4 Times in 2 Posts

Stamp looks pretty cool. Wish I could try before I buy. I'm looking for an Envy rim depth/Anode fade on putts. Envy is a bit beefy on putting duties (for me). Maybe this one is it? the search continues.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 6
Niced 44 Times in 27 Posts

Sign me up. This is the disc that may just give my SSS wizard the final boot. Atom for a putting putter, envy for drives and approaches. I am really starting to enjoy mvp/axiom. Plan on building an exclusive bags just for poops and grins. Should be fun.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:07 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 37
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Retooled proto.. so this means protos aren't approved and they wont be legal in pdga sanctioned competitions.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:07 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 112
Niced 31 Times in 18 Posts

Ted, you opened a big old can o worms! Haha. Both sides are always good to hear as long as it doesn't go on endlessly for pages. It probably just comes down to how you putt really and what style you use. I've got friends that hate MVP AND others that love it.

On topic though I am very curious about how the Atom and MVPs other new releases are going to pan out. They seem so similar in profile and I'm wondering how the experimental electron discs fit in. 2015 should be interesting. I can't wait to get each mold and put them to the test.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:12 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 112
Niced 31 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiekko_FIN View Post
Retooled proto.. so this means protos aren't approved and they wont be legal in pdga sanctioned competitions.
Is this for real? Bummer if so. Plenty of unsanctioned events to play but why master a putter if you can't play in the big boy tourneys.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:11 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,086 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiekko_FIN View Post
no.... majority of the protos are just that-- protos.

If you have a blue proto however then you have an Atom mold but these are pretty rare being there was white, pink, orange and lighter orange/pinks in the runs of 500 each.

Quote:
Brad R(Co. Owner MVP)--For those of you wondering about the blue protos being different than the other prototypes. Those are actually pre-engraved prototypes of the Atom. There was a small retool, which was to adjust for the processing parameters to allow more optimal quality. However, in terms of the flight, the blue protos are slightly less stable compared to what the production Atom will be. We look forward to your further feedback., as far as I can remember, all the blue protos, both formula 1 and formula 2, were Atom prototypes. They were definitely a minority in the batch; less than 100 per run of 500.

Last edited by Aim For The Chains; 12-09-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 56
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

So will the blue ones be approved then?
Old 12-09-2014, 09:29 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,086 Times in 729 Posts

How I understand PDGA approvals -- they already are. Doesn't matter if you have a prototype or whatever as long as the mold gets approved. Tooling is just that.

Atom is PDGA approved, the blue prototype is that mold. No issue.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:35 AM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 28.2
Courses Played: 58
Niced 8 Times in 6 Posts

I think if someone questions your disc in a PDGA event you need some type of proof that it is what it is. Does the prototype have some Atom stamp anywhere or writing?