Old 08-04-2016, 07:18 PM

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 79
Niced 35 Times in 22 Posts

Update: Found one at 165g. First one I've seen thus far. Snagged it as quickly as I could.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Bending Rodriguez

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 120
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via AIM to B3NDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcσn View Post
After several drives at the course with the Catalyst, the jury is still out. I can muscle it out past 300, but it fights to get there. At that distance, it is straight with a light fade. Where it shines vs the Octane is holding an anny line. It's less squirrely than an Orbital, so I could see putting in the full bag for those types of shots where I wouldn't want to turn and burn. I imagined a more understable disc, but the Catalyst is not flippy at all.
I see the review, now where's the video?
Old 08-14-2016, 10:48 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,087 Times in 730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty_Ty View Post
Let's not forget, making these videos can be very time consuming. Three hours of testing and playing a round equates to about two or more hours of editing and making the video worth watching. Mix in jobs, school, and life, and it is a challenge. I have about three videos still on my camera from this winter/spring I need to upload and edit, but I need new editing software.

I applaud all the testers who give their time to share their passion and experience with equipment and courses. Keep chucking and recording.
4 real. Video is a big PITA unless you want to throw up some found footage type **** lol.

....so where is your video tossing these?! only thrown one a few timesbut reminded me of my very seasoned octane. Still not sure i have any business throwing 12+ speed drivers. Seems wrong lol.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 33.9
Courses Played: 30
Niced 108 Times in 67 Posts

Got a Catalyst and took it out today. Was playing a casual round of bad golf with my son, so got to throw multiple drives whenever I wanted. So, I was able to compare it straight up to my other discs.

In stability, it was much the same as the Inertia and Wave. I wasn't able to drive it as far as the Wave. I could put the Wave 30' or 40' past the Inertia; the Catalyst carried about the same as the Inertia. I don't know if it's a design issue or if I just can't even begin to take advantage of the added speed, though if it were the latter, I'd expect it to carry about as far as the Wave.

It's not staying in the bag, though I may pull it out in the future to try it out again.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:41 AM
FROLF OFF!

Ive been throwing a neutron octane since released as a go-to max d driver. Lots of throws on it and some extra seasoning have really started to straighten out the octane.

Sooo i grab an order of SE skulboy protons last week and took 2 out to test at 167g and 174g. Pretty much flew exactly like my octane with the lighter one having softer LSS. Nice to be able to cycle octanes or pickup a catalyst and do work.

For some reason the nitro was just too OS/fast for me but i dont throw very OS stuff in general and like my hyzer-flip game vs anny torque sheeeet. Catalyst might be a winner tho as i can see it seasoning into a true bomber. Octane is already stretching lines i havent hit b4. Specially long glidey hyzer bombs. So fun!

Last edited by Aim For The Chains; 10-10-2016 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:17 PM
FROLF OFF!

yeah, this disc goes far. It is like a nicely seasoned octane after some more testing which really just lets it ride out on a hyzer flip. I was hitting 425'+ regularly with the pair of protons today and even some 400' straight hyzers into right to left crosswind where it wouldn't flip over just keep riding out and then hold the LSS with the wind beautifully.

I like this thang.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 56
Niced 10 Times in 10 Posts

How does the dome on the Proton Octane compare to the Neutron and compared to that of the Nitro? The Proton Nitro I have has a nice "heartbeat" dome but boy is it superbeef.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:06 PM
FROLF OFF!

Same nice dome (i believe all 23mm share 1 core) with a slightly lower PLH. Much less OS vs nitros which i hear you on being hard to tame.

1476471755251.jpg

Catalyst on left in green proton. Nitro red neutron. Flipped upside down to show the raise off shoulder.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-14-2016, 03:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 56
Niced 10 Times in 10 Posts

I think the Catalyst will be the final piece for my all MVP/Axiom bag. I thought it would be the Octane but I don't have 10 years to break it in.

I meant Octane where I said Nitro in my previous post.

Last edited by threevok; 10-14-2016 at 03:15 PM.

Old 10-14-2016, 03:18 PM
FROLF OFF!

I have some factory 2nd skulboy protons for cheap thrower price if you want. just have a small dimple on the overmold. sparkle green 168g's. These fly a lot like a seasoned octane which is sweet b/c that damn disc is starting to bomb for me but I purposely seasoned it a good amount. Should make a solid pair for my max D along side the slower more OS photon/defy.

Holler if anyone wants some proton SE catalysts. Probably wont list leftovers from preorder in MP as I like the mold so might as well have some nice looking throwers!