Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 06-09-2017, 09:20 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,087 Times in 730 Posts

news_170609_specialrelativity311.jpg

The Relativity gets special treatment upon its release with the Special Relativity Edition in Neutron plastic. This ZAM-created followup to 2014's General Relativity Edition Motion features dual-foil black and silver artwork. Placed against a backdrop of compressed space-time, the portrait represents the hero of all fun-loving science nerds: Cool Einstein. A thoughtful Einstein portrait is necessary when it's time to do deep science, but when it's time to cut loose, nothing declares that universal law like a Cool Einstein. This Special Relativity Edition proves that all observers in all reference frames should take some time to chill. The Special Relativity Edition will be produced on 1,000 discs.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 06-09-2017, 10:14 AM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,037 Times in 528 Posts

Leave it to Zam to make a frolfing Einstein. That's so awesome.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:07 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,138 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBokor View Post
As I recall from an earlier thread, you have big hands (XXL). I will undoubtedly pick one up from the bin, grip it with my baby hands (M), then wisely put it back.
Ha ha, this describes what I did exactly over the weekend. These rims feel yuge.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-20-2017, 02:45 AM
Free at Last

I'll keep this review short and sweet. The 174g version is fast, long, and unbelievably straight. I was getting it to around 300-310 on a full powered throw. What amazed me is that I have never thrown a disc so far, so straight, but at the end it has this huge spreading skip that gets a good amount of lateral movement. The only other disc I regularly throw on frozen ropes is the Relay. At 300, it has minimal to zero fade, quite opposite of the Relativity.

Like the Teleport, it's completely throwable for an average arm. I just hope they can find a way to make them lighter. There haven't been any changes to the bag in a long time, but with its distance, and laser beam flight, the Relativity just might make the cut.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 122
Niced 481 Times in 303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcón View Post
I'll keep this review short and sweet. The 174g version is fast, long, and unbelievably straight. I was getting it to around 300-310 on a full powered throw. What amazed me is that I have never thrown a disc so far, so straight, but at the end it has this huge spreading skip that gets a good amount of lateral movement. The only other disc I regularly throw on frozen ropes is the Relay. At 300, it has minimal to zero fade, quite opposite of the Relativity.

Like the Teleport, it's completely throwable for an average arm. I just hope they can find a way to make them lighter. There haven't been any changes to the bag in a long time, but with its distance, and laser beam flight, the Relativity just might make the cut.
What's the lightest one you've gotten to throw? I've seen some in the upper 160's.

I'd like to try some of these max distance discs in fission. I can only imagine the distance they'd get in a stiff tailwind.

The more I throw my Teleports and the Relativity the more I'm thinking the gyro effect becomes more pronounced with the wider rims. Me and Nathan were both remarking how they seem to go further than we expect given the power we're putting behind them.

The Tenacity is another good example. It's unreal how far it goes for me when I give it 50-70% power. Can't recall getting that sort of D at that power level from anything else.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:56 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Attachment 62234

The Relativity gets special treatment upon its release with the Special Relativity Edition in Neutron plastic. This ZAM-created followup to 2014's General Relativity Edition Motion features dual-foil black and silver artwork. Placed against a backdrop of compressed space-time, the portrait represents the hero of all fun-loving science nerds: Cool Einstein. A thoughtful Einstein portrait is necessary when it's time to do deep science, but when it's time to cut loose, nothing declares that universal law like a Cool Einstein. This Special Relativity Edition proves that all observers in all reference frames should take some time to chill. The Special Relativity Edition will be produced on 1,000 discs.
I haven't thrown any MVP/Axiom, but their stamps are starting to make me want to collect them. I ordered up a blue and green LE macro tesla this morning to go with the Nikola one I bought.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:44 PM
Free at Last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
What's the lightest one you've gotten to throw? I've seen some in the upper 160's.
The website says they're only available above 170, so it you've seen 160's I assume those are rare. I sound like a broken record, but yea I can't agree with you enough about this rim class in Fission.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 122
Niced 481 Times in 303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcón View Post
The website says they're only available above 170, so it you've seen 160's I assume those are rare. I sound like a broken record, but yea I can't agree with you enough about this rim class in Fission.
Considering the treatment Photons and Teslas got, I'd be surprised if we don't see Fission Teleports within 6 months. Seems they like to run the stable to slightly overstable molds in Fission.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:46 PM
Par Member

Niced 39 Times in 28 Posts

On that model it'd be the dimension that gets the fission nod.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:14 PM
Free at Last

The Relativity has plenty of stability, for any arm up to at least where mine's at. I couldn't get any turn out of it, and even on an anny, it fought right back.