Old 04-08-2019, 06:00 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 11 Times in 9 Posts
Post Dart/ Aviar X3

Hello fellow disc golfers. I have a few questions about a couple of putters and whether or not they might be a good fit for my bag.

Currently, I have two whales: one to putt with and one to throw. Both have been good for me. However, one putter that seems intriguing to me is the dart. From everything I've heard, it's a very stable, point-and-shoot putter (which is how I like putters), and it's also great for long-range approaches and tee shots.

My questions about the dart are these: 1) Does anyone have one and recommend one? 2) How does it do in the wind? 3) Would it be overkill to add this to my bag since I already have two whales?

Also, would anyone recommend the Aviar X3? I need an overstable putter, and the Aviar X3 seems like a good candidate on paper.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2019, 06:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Niced 696 Times in 315 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBackhand View Post
Hello fellow disc golfers. I have a few questions about a couple of putters and whether or not they might be a good fit for my bag.

Currently, I have two whales: one to putt with and one to throw. Both have been good for me. However, one putter that seems intriguing to me is the dart. From everything I've heard, it's a very stable, point-and-shoot putter (which is how I like putters), and it's also great for long-range approaches and tee shots.

My questions about the dart are these: 1) Does anyone have one and recommend one? 2) How does it do in the wind? 3) Would it be overkill to add this to my bag since I already have two whales?

Also, would anyone recommend the Aviar X3? I need an overstable putter, and the Aviar X3 seems like a good candidate on paper.

Thank you!
I have both putter you are asking about.

I absolutely love Darts. They are my current favorite approach disc.

The Dart can handle some wind but gets kicked around in heavier wind because of the tall profile. Some Darts have really big domes.

the Dart definitely overlaps with the Whales. I would probably still carry Darts (I have several Whales so this isn't a blind guess) because the R-Pro is so good at sticking to scary greens. I usually don't like floppy discs but the R-Pro Dart definitely is in my bag because it is so neutral and good at putting on the brakes when it hits.

The AviarX3 is a good overstable putter but there are better molds out there if you don't mind throwing other brands. The Zone and the Harp come to mind. It all depends on what your priorities are. I personally throw a Champ Rhyno for my overstable putter needs but the Thumtrac is a love/hate feature.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:30 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,851 Times in 1,387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBackhand View Post

Thank you!
I haven't tried a Dart, so I can't help you there. I do have AviarX3s and Harps. They are very similar in their flight patterns, which is overstable. The AviarX3 is not beaded and the Harp is beaded. The Harp has a very flat top, the AviarX3 slightly less so. So the difference between the two come down to feel in the hand and what simply works best for you. I bag the Harp, but could just as easily bag the AvX3.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 86 Times in 72 Posts
Default Putter

Get an esp or Z zone for your OS putter and approach shots. It’s flat and os for both FH and BH. Best os putter