Old 03-23-2019, 08:41 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 25 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
Metal Flakes are often the more os of any mold. I've got a 168g Glow Champion Teebird that is super os right now because I haven't used it much. I even bought a 159g Star that is crazy os. Can't go wrong with them.
This is not always the case though. I had a max weight MF McBeth T3 that was the straightest Teebird I've ever thrown
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 03-23-2019, 01:11 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 34
Niced 73 Times in 47 Posts

So how flat are the 2019 Jen Allen Teebs molding up?

Old 03-25-2019, 02:33 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 87 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHarambe View Post
This is not always the case though. I had a max weight MF McBeth T3 that was the straightest Teebird I've ever thrown
Nor the case with the current MF teebirds. They’ve got the HSS to stay straight, LSF of a hard 2, and a true 5 glide. I can get mine to 350-380 easily where my Star and champ need a little wear. Honestly, my fresh MF teebirds remind me of my PFNs when they were in their “sweetspot.”
Old 03-25-2019, 01:58 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 24 Times in 17 Posts

Just wanted to say that I love my Teebirds. Beat DX for stable shots and champion for a good OS finish every time. They just go so straight. Love ‘em!
Old 03-25-2019, 02:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 22
Niced 351 Times in 201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydex View Post
Nor the case with the current MF teebirds. They’ve got the HSS to stay straight, LSF of a hard 2, and a true 5 glide. I can get mine to 350-380 easily where my Star and champ need a little wear. Honestly, my fresh MF teebirds remind me of my PFNs when they were in their “sweetspot.”
That is my take on the current MF Teebirds, but also new star. My old Star AJ sig, was so OS when new and I beat it and beat it with spike hyzers on a rocky course and tough tree lined shots whenever possible and it hit an amazing sweet spot for a long time, still awesome straight straight straight. My first MF was one of the ones that had more and smaller flakes. It was such a great compliment to the beat up star. Even after a lot of wear had amazing wind fighting HSS and still strong forward fade. After I lost it I tried to replace it with more MF and just got a new tourney stamped MF. All of the new ones are great Teebirds but not what I had. They don't seem to love the wind like my original. They are ok in wind but just not as burly. Likewise my fresh AJ sig stars (embossed) started out way mellower than my old star. Its great but i've had trouble getting the right disc for the more OS teebird slot. A fresh eagle doesn't have near the glide the teebird has at the same HSS, I've been using a nice meaty star wraith for the shot i used to use a fresh Star or my original MF.

Old 03-25-2019, 03:49 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 76 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh View Post
That is my take on the current MF Teebirds, but also new star. My old Star AJ sig, was so OS when new and I beat it and beat it with spike hyzers on a rocky course and tough tree lined shots whenever possible and it hit an amazing sweet spot for a long time, still awesome straight straight straight. My first MF was one of the ones that had more and smaller flakes. It was such a great compliment to the beat up star. Even after a lot of wear had amazing wind fighting HSS and still strong forward fade. After I lost it I tried to replace it with more MF and just got a new tourney stamped MF. All of the new ones are great Teebirds but not what I had. They don't seem to love the wind like my original. They are ok in wind but just not as burly. Likewise my fresh AJ sig stars (embossed) started out way mellower than my old star. Its great but i've had trouble getting the right disc for the more OS teebird slot. A fresh eagle doesn't have near the glide the teebird has at the same HSS, I've been using a nice meaty star wraith for the shot i used to use a fresh Star or my original MF.
Have you tried a thunderbird in that slot? I like them as a stable bookend. Not exactly the same flight, I find the fade is more sweeping than dumping and a little more skip... also a little better wind penetration.
And I like the variance of stability by plastic, I’ll bag a different thunderbird depending on wind speed.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:29 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 87 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
I’ve been using an absolutely beat firebird for my OS Teebird slot. I have some 12x birds that were pretty beefy at the start but they lost that OS understandably quick. At first I had a ‘16 Halloween stamp Champ firebird that got run over by a riding mower but lost it trying to go over a thicket. Now I’m tossing my ‘18 Sexton firebird which was my workhorse FH disc last year.

My issue with a Thunderbird in that slot is it’s easy to overthrow or the disc doesn’t fade as hard. Perhaps using an older Star Thunderbird, the brick hard ones, could work but I haven’t bagged mine for it.

Interesting about the new Star, I haven’t tossed the 5 I bought a month ago...yet
Old 05-12-2019, 06:29 PM

Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

Disc Golf Values has some splatter star teebirds. How's that plastic blend been treating the other molds its been produced in?
Old 05-13-2019, 09:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 26
Niced 647 Times in 314 Posts

Quote:
Champ Teebird at the end of the cycle? I’ve also found Star Teebird3’s and the Nybo Swirly stars to be somewhat similar to the OS AJ sigs.

Old 06-02-2019, 08:47 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 418 Times in 230 Posts

I have been thinking about cycling some DX TBs. Anyone else do it? I'm assuming they cycle faster than a Roc because the rim is thinner. Am I correct? How long till they hit the point of no return? I'm hoping to produce some glide machines.
I would probably keep a champ TB in the bag to have a consistent OS bookend.