Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 08-23-2015, 12:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 34
Niced 347 Times in 219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bratton View Post
Threw my fresh new dayglo today...it's overstable lol. Feels great in hand, especially for overhand and backhand. It doesn't feel pointy or shallow like the flick.
It feels like I gonna be addicted to this mold already and need to stock up... It's super flat, great rim feel and height. The plastics great. And one thing that I've really liked about the DGA Breaker that this has to, it's that record player feel in the plastic. It looks cool and I dig the ever so subtle soft texture.

Kick ass name too, one of the best in Disc Golf?! I'm a sucker for the semantics.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2015, 01:36 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,534 Times in 976 Posts

I could make an almost all Discraft bag and generally have liked their stuff but the stability rating with out a speed indicator made it hard for me to adapt starting out so I never used a ton of their molds.

Could use this bag;

Nuke OS
Nuke
Surge
Hellfire/Flick
(I have never been able to find a Teebird/Stag type disc, XClone maybe?)
Buzzz OS
Buzzz
Breaker
Challenger

Could roll with that...
Old 08-23-2015, 03:17 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 119 Times in 72 Posts

Question: How would you rank Discraft's discs by categories, best to worst? For me:

1. Midrange
2. Putt and Approach
3. Distance Drivers
4. Fairway Drivers
Old 08-23-2015, 04:26 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

There mid line up is the best IMO. Lots of magnet and challenger putter around here, but I rarely ever see a DC fairway driver.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:45 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 102 Times in 71 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bratton View Post
Baby we're just touching the tip, if you know what I mean! I want to see some sweet Discraft buys and pics of the new molds coming out.
I'd rather see old molds coming back out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declarkus View Post
Squall is the perfect slower neutral fairway. I bag a Proline, a SP and a Glow Squall. When I get the hyzer angle right, the Glow Squall will laser with zero fade. It's also easy to turn. Squall is definetly my favorite mold.
They're also the perfect faster neutral midrange

I bag 2 Prolines (fresh and beat) and a beat 150 D-line.

Last edited by Dan Ensor; 08-23-2015 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:33 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 42
Niced 1,262 Times in 630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
I was curious about a Pro-D Drone. I've seen they are available all the way down to 156 at DGC. What would a lightweight super overstable mid fly like, and what would it beat into?
It (lightweight) would fly the same aside from a bit of added glide and wind susceptibility. I never threw lighter ones but a beat in Pro-D Drone flies very similar to a Spider or fresh Buzzz. They get that "Teebird beat in" - lose LSF but don't gain much HST. Very DX Roc-esque. Easy to gauge distance on.

Had I started throwing D Drones prior to the Cobra and Buzzz I'd probably only bag Drones...I love the way they feel and a very beat one can be as understable as needed. That may be a lie, but if you forced me to only carry one midrange mold yes it would be an assortment of Drones (no BuzzzOS/Buzzz/BuzzzSS cheating - they're not the same).

I was out today with a hurt ankle and joked about playing a Drone only round since it came to my rescue so many times. With a lack of weight shift or bracing I needed to rely on a different side of my game. I'm tempted to do so, film it, and post it on here just to see how well I make out with such a utility disc (and a Gravity Clutch for putting!).
Old 08-23-2015, 07:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 34
Niced 347 Times in 219 Posts

Took that hellfire out to the local course today. Much more over stable than I thought it'd be. Also, the rim is fairly wide. More so than a destroyer it felt. Not sure if there's a discraft equivalent or not?

For fun (and to learn) I was throwing forehand rollers and parking some shorter holes >250' with this thing...
Old 08-23-2015, 08:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 29
Niced 22 Times in 19 Posts

What would be the Leopard / Teebird combo from Discraft?
Old 08-23-2015, 08:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.3
Courses Played: 30
Niced 153 Times in 102 Posts

The only Discraft in my bag right now is the Eclipse, which is, of course, OOP. Most of the Discraft models I've loved and treasured over the years are all OOP. If it brings those back, I'll force my money on the company.

There are some models I'd try now if it weren't for the fact that they seem to only come in Elite Z plastic--I hate that stuff.

Old 08-23-2015, 09:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKWolverine View Post
Question: How would you rank Discraft's discs by categories, best to worst? For me:

1. Midrange
2. Putt and Approach
3. Distance Drivers
4. Fairway Drivers
Nah I think all four categories are 100% perfect. Honestly. As good as any disc company, just not nearly as hyped.

My bag right now:

max weight or close

2 normal stiff D Magnets restricted to putting

1 D Challenger all beat up, I use this one a lot.
2 Premium Challengers, one Cryztal one Ti. During rounds I use the Cryztal one right now because it's stiffer.

2 Meteors, one Z one ESP. The ESP has better grip and beats in better for turnovers.
2 Z Buzzzes, one is worn and turns much more than the other.
2 BuzzzOS, one Z one Cryztal. Recently edged out my long beloved Wasps! They may indeed be a hair more overstable but they're interchangeable for me. Not nearly as overstable as the Z Drones and ESP Zones I bring out sometimes.

2 Big Z Mantis, one more beat than the other.
2 Z Avengers, Both worn in
2 Z Preds, one much more worn than the other. I usually throw the worn one as it still won't flip up on me.

1 Proline Hellfire. This total meathook driver slot is sometimes purposely not bagged or filled with a NukeOS (The most overstable discraft disc), Flick, freak Nuke like my Ti ones, or freak Forces like the SC Top 10 run.

Sometimes I bag a right turning backhand roller like a NukeSS or Heat but not around my home courses.

2 Z Cranks with nice domes for a little extra turn and glide over my Nukes. Like a slightly faster Tern.
3 Nukes, one Z two ESP. The Z one is very overstable. The two ESP are beat but more overstable than the Cranks. One ESP with a pop top still doesn't turn and the other turn a little but still not as much as my Cranks.

Last edited by Ted Bratton; 08-23-2015 at 09:19 PM.