Old 04-13-2020, 11:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 467 Times in 238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinachd View Post
Seems like the money putter for throw-ins is the Pure but man the blow-by results can be brutal. Do any of the really good players use something else?
No

Literally every single top player uses either the Accurate/Extra Glide Pure or the Accurate/Sticky Pure

You have to have confidence that you’ll make the 65-foot comebackers. Once you have that, you’ll run everything and your scores will improve dramatically

EDIT: Obviously you miss them once in a while, but layups are for basketball, amirite?
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)

Last edited by etdefender19; 04-13-2020 at 11:32 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:37 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,534 Times in 976 Posts

I’m not very good, but it’s fun. Trying to learn some of the good lines.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:55 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 12
Niced 574 Times in 399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by etdefender19 View Post
No

Literally every single top player uses either the Accurate/Extra Glide Pure or the Accurate/Sticky Pure

You have to have confidence that you’ll make the 65-foot comebackers. Once you have that, you’ll run everything and your scores will improve dramatically

EDIT: Obviously you miss them once in a while, but layups are for basketball, amirite?
I use the extra glide/sticky Dagger. Should I swap to the extra glide/accurate Pure I have? I wish there was some way to "trade up" discs, since I've gotten most of them and have a few exact dupes. We should post what we bag, as that could help some of us I think. I really wish we could bag 8 or 9 discs, would really help to have a sticky putter and US FW/Mid.

I bag:
Extra Glide/Sticky Dagger
Extra Fade Anchor
Accurate Fuse
Extra Fade Explorer
Extra Glide/Accurate Explorer
Light Musket
Old 04-14-2020, 09:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 1395
Niced 1,041 Times in 344 Posts

I've been playing for about a week, maybe going on two weeks. I enjoy it. I'm a bit addicted.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:34 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 7
Niced 161 Times in 85 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWoj View Post
Do you ever switch to the putting mode?
My scores got a lot better when I started using putting mode for basically everything under 60 ft. The key is to use the Pure after 30–35 ft. I'm way better at putting from 50 ft. than throwing from that distance. The accurate/extra glide Pure is $$$.

My DGV bag:
Extra glide/sticky Dagger
Accurate/extra glide Pure
Accurate Fuse
River
Big skip Pioneer
Wind break/accurate Musket

Niced: (1)
Old 04-14-2020, 11:03 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 30
Niced 467 Times in 238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
I use the extra glide/sticky Dagger. Should I swap to the extra glide/accurate Pure I have? I wish there was some way to "trade up" discs, since I've gotten most of them and have a few exact dupes. We should post what we bag, as that could help some of us I think. I really wish we could bag 8 or 9 discs, would really help to have a sticky putter and US FW/Mid.

I bag:
Extra Glide/Sticky Dagger
Extra Fade Anchor
Accurate Fuse
Extra Fade Explorer
Extra Glide/Accurate Explorer
Light Musket
There’s currently a glitch that allows more than six discs (supposedly to be fixed very soon), but you can play every hole with the six I’ll list here. You want these six for the rounds (multiplayer and pro tour) when you don’t know which holes are coming. If you’re playing the Open (where you can repeat the round with the same holes and wind), you can switch out to a specialty disc when needed

Accurate/Glide or Accurate/Sticky Pure - all top players have one or the other (probably 2/3 prefer the glide)
Accurate/Wind Break Fuse - see below
Accurate/Wind Break Explorer - that particular Fuse and Explorer are both in every top player’s bag
Accurate/Extra Glide or Accurate/Wind Break Musket
The last two that are in every top player’s bag you have to play for a while to get (playing multiplayer is the fastest way to level up):
Light/Big Skip Ballista and Light/Extra Glide Ballista - these two make almost all of the Par fours reachable with the right wind
Old 04-14-2020, 01:30 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 125
Niced 8 Times in 6 Posts

FINISH THE GAME, RICHARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Niced: (2)
Old 04-14-2020, 02:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 17
Niced 1,522 Times in 785 Posts

So ya gotta throw Trilogy to play this game?
Old 04-14-2020, 02:56 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 7
Niced 161 Times in 85 Posts

Yes, it's affiliated in some way with Lat64. I suppose that's what keeps it free/ad-free (other than the product placement).

Niced: (2)

Old 04-14-2020, 03:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 65
Niced 87 Times in 48 Posts

I play the 'advanced tournaments' to level up faster. You have to play 12 holes instead of the 9 in multiplayer, but you're guaranteed xp. As opposed to playing 6 multiplayer games and only scoring out on two of them because people will start and not finish. For the longest time at least this meant that my score (and rating) would just disappear after about 24 hours.

My biggest complaint though, besides the obvious spitouts and stupid ground physics that plague us all, is that I'm still listed as a 0 rated rec player even though I've played tons of rated rounds and the last three open tournaments. I saw on Reddit that this is happening to other people too.