Old 10-28-2020, 03:02 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 187 Times in 114 Posts
Default Premiere trainers for disc golf pros?

TLDR: Who trains disc golf pros?

Ball golfers have trainers. Baseball, football... I guess there would be someone(s) in disc golf too. Do pros improve their form on their own, or by watching random YouTube videos? I know there are plenty of people who train (Feldberg, Stokley, etc) and have videos up. Im asking who Paul or Wysocki call.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2020, 03:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 210
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 207 Times in 127 Posts

Paul calls Paul.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,668 Times in 923 Posts

Once you get to the elite level I'm guessing any trainer needed would be more for physical training more than shot/form training. Maybe in some way they piggy back ideas/form improvement playing rounds together on each other's media channels? Otherwise it seems like it's a solo journey of just reinforcing shot selection, muscle memory, etc, during the off season.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 102
Niced 1,031 Times in 471 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedlings View Post
Im asking who Paul or Wysocki call.

Old 10-28-2020, 09:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 117
Niced 914 Times in 426 Posts

Old 10-28-2020, 11:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.5
Courses Played: 250
Niced 4,609 Times in 1,596 Posts

Ball golfers, baseball players and football players make money at their sports. I am guessing they might be able to spring for the Shake Weight.

Old 11-02-2020, 12:16 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,213 Times in 1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedlings View Post
TLDR: Who trains disc golf pros?

Ball golfers have trainers. Baseball, football... I guess there would be someone(s) in disc golf too. Do pros improve their form on their own, or by watching random YouTube videos? I know there are plenty of people who train (Feldberg, Stokley, etc) and have videos up. I’m asking who Paul or Wysocki call.
I know from a video Simon had on his Main You Tube that he is using a guy who is a trainer for throwing sports like Baseball, softball, cricket or the like that help the Disc Golfers get into shape. Also there is a former top Euopean pro no longer touring due to age who helps them train form etc. that Simon used that year he had the injury due to throwing the 360 drives he can no longer do. That guy helped him get back to the sport he loved, by helping him find a way to drive normally both forehand and backhand that had him not in pain and how to practice this. I forget his name or where he lived in Europe but he has helped a few of the top players in Europe come out winning a big events in Europe.

Then in USA there are some top facilities in USA, one of them also has a line of discs made for them either by MVP/Axiom or Gateway that look nice, I forget the name of facility. I know Paul McBeth is starting his own training facility with a very tough course even for Paul McBeth.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:30 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 114
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Disc golf strong has a lot of exercises that pro disc golfers use for conditioning
Old 11-02-2020, 08:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 258 Times in 114 Posts

These trainers look ok for disc golf (at least in dry terrain)

Niced: (1)

Old 11-03-2020, 02:44 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 26 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I know from a video Simon had on his Main You Tube that he is using a guy who is a trainer for throwing sports like Baseball, softball, cricket or the like that help the Disc Golfers get into shape. Also there is a former top Euopean pro no longer touring due to age who helps them train form etc. that Simon used that year he had the injury due to throwing the 360 drives he can no longer do. That guy helped him get back to the sport he loved, by helping him find a way to drive normally both forehand and backhand that had him not in pain and how to practice this. I forget his name or where he lived in Europe but he has helped a few of the top players in Europe come out winning a big events in Europe.

Then in USA there are some top facilities in USA, one of them also has a line of discs made for them either by MVP/Axiom or Gateway that look nice, I forget the name of facility. I know Paul McBeth is starting his own training facility with a very tough course even for Paul McBeth.

This seems to be the smart move for cementing a future in the sport....top name pro... build a course and a training site... getting kids and parents into paying for training to learn the game and then of course to use the course....

Nice idea in my opinion.

It seems the USA could use a few of these type places across the country as the sport begins to grow more.

Niced: (1)