Old 10-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 105
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

I understand all the hate on the faster discs like the Groove and Boss because I wasn't able to throw them when they were released so I strayed from both, but now that I can get out over 400 they have become important discs in my bag. I will agree my Destroyers are still more consistent and controllable, but these discs shouldn't be written off because not everyone can throw them.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 28
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to discgolphinmafaukner

Sounds like a sidewinder type disc, only faster. Hmm.....
Old 10-21-2009, 11:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 23
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'll probably have to give one a shot. My only issue is that its freakin hard to hold a disc with that thick of a rim.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:59 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

a faster sidewinder could be a very useful disc when thrown properly...I try everything out anyways, why wouldn't I pick one up?
Old 10-22-2009, 12:07 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 164
Niced 5 Times in 4 Posts

I've really been liking the pro plastic lately, so I'd like to give one a try. What's another 13 speed driver anyway?
Old 10-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 7
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseTheAce View Post
I understand all the hate on the faster discs like the Groove and Boss because I wasn't able to throw them when they were released so I strayed from both, but now that I can get out over 400 they have become important discs in my bag. I will agree my Destroyers are still more consistent and controllable, but these discs shouldn't be written off because not everyone can throw them.
YES THEY SHOULD...no not really, but you must admit maybe they could make a few discs where their chart seems to be missing some and where the average player may be able to throw(by "missing some" I mean if you look at the speed chart). Though I guess I really don't need much else than what I already have except maybe a nice overstable disc for forehands once I improve that and for overhand throws.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:21 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 105
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooTaters View Post
YES THEY SHOULD...no not really, but you must admit maybe they could make a few discs where their chart seems to be missing some and where the average player may be able to throw(by "missing some" I mean if you look at the speed chart). Though I guess I really don't need much else than what I already have except maybe a nice overstable disc for forehands once I improve that and for overhand throws.
isn't everything slower than a Boss/Groove adequate for players with less distance and less arm speed?? Why not throw a Wraith if you are not capable of throwing a Destroyer/Boss/Groove?

I think people just want a disc that instantly makes them throw 50 feet further without changing anything. A disc will only perform to the potential of the player. I think people just need to practice with what's available and then work their way up.

What's not covered in drivers?

Understable: Roadrunner, Monarch, Sidewinder, Beast, Valkyrie, SL
Stable: Viking, Orc, Wraith, Starfire
Overstable: Firebird, TeeRex, Destroyer, Max, Groove (flippy if thrown to its potential), Boss, Xcal

what's missing? do you mean something that's fast and very understable? that sounds to me like an inconsistent flying disc
Old 10-22-2009, 12:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 831
Niced 32 Times in 20 Posts

You have to remember that Innova is trying to make money, and if they can do that by adding another fast disc to their line up that everyone will feel the need to buy, sounds like business to me.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:45 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 62
Niced 176 Times in 101 Posts

Basically, I don't like it because the idea of a fast, understable disc means they are catering to people that don't have arms, but want to think they can throw further with that disc. What people don't understand is any speed 13 disc flying at speed 11 or even 12 will fly the same. It won't be more understable flying at a slower speed-it is only understable if the disc is flying at the speed it's meant to be thrown at.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:47 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 74
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
I think the Groove is only mass-produced in Champion plastic. They are made in CFR Star, but I don't think they are made for regular sales. The Boss was released in both from the start.
The boss wasn't released in star plastic until recently. It was only in champ plastic when it first came out, then after a few months, r-pro, star, and finally pro came out too.