Old 05-18-2019, 09:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 152 Times in 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Fiction View Post
I just picked up a MOLF 1.3 and think I may have found that elusive OS 9 speed driver that I can beat in while keeping the fade. Basically a hyzerflipper with good fade is what I'm looking for. Is my assessment of this disc accurate?

I'm also looking into the SOLF 1.4s that are out there. Im wondering if anyone can give me info on how the plastic feels. Is it slick? Grippy? A combo? Also, are they the stiff or flexible Star-type plastic? .

And how do the QOLFs feel? Is it the stupid stiff, slick Champ? Or gummy?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
Qolfs are jolly launcherish. Start off without a lot of grip but wear in very well.

Solfs are great middle of the road star. Not too stiff, not soft. Awesome.

And yes, pick up turn, keep the fade. But these newer olfs won't pick up a lot of turn for a while unless you're really crushing them. It's going to take a long time to hit 1.1 solf status, i think.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2019, 07:30 PM

Niced 22 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
Qolfs are jolly launcherish. Start off without a lot of grip but wear in very well.

Solfs are great middle of the road star. Not too stiff, not soft. Awesome.

And yes, pick up turn, keep the fade. But these newer olfs won't pick up a lot of turn for a while unless you're really crushing them. It's going to take a long time to hit 1.1 solf status, i think.
Thank you for the input. That star blend sounds perfect. Im going to have to pick up a few of them.
Old 05-29-2019, 12:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 18
Niced 486 Times in 367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Fiction View Post
I just picked up a MOLF 1.3 and think I may have found that elusive OS 9 speed driver that I can beat in while keeping the fade. Basically a hyzerflipper with good fade is what I'm looking for. Is my assessment of this disc accurate?

I'm also looking into the SOLF 1.4s that are out there. Im wondering if anyone can give me info on how the plastic feels. Is it slick? Grippy? A combo? Also, are they the stiff or flexible Star-type plastic? .

And how do the QOLFs feel? Is it the stupid stiff, slick Champ? Or gummy?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
So I don't know exactly ALL the info but I recently went on a rampage and ordered 2-3 of each of these sets: Q-OLF, S-OLF, Q-OLS, S-OLS. So far the Q plastic is medium flex and somehow grippy, its not slick firm champ, but definitely not gummy or bendy, to me its perfect mix. The S is same, not too firm not too gummy, good grip. As for flight the S-OLF I have all were 171g, I couldn't find max weight, but they fly with a tiny flip up to flat (maybe turn if you rip it or windy) if it gets turn it holds straight and has a medium fade. I was looking for a Stable control driver and went back to Orions after not loving the feel of the vulture and trying other old molds, like Starfire and some new ones etc etc. I really like the OLF and in both plastics. Q 1.3 is pretty stable but not a beefcake, its great. Q and S OLF pair really well. Its worth getting, just do it.
I just hope they continue to make these as I am really liking the discs so far. just wish there was even more selection.

Old 05-30-2019, 09:35 PM

Niced 22 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I just hope they continue to make these as I am really liking the discs so far. just wish there was even more selection.
This. I hope I don't have too search for these.

Thanks for the description of the plastics and flights. I think I'm going to auction some plastic and get some of these.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Static Fiction; 05-30-2019 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Stupid fingers