Old 05-21-2019, 11:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 152 Times in 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmiller View Post
Well, the point of my wondering would be to get a small stack of SPD replacements that are currently available. Not looking to run down hard-to-find or expensive discs. Also liked that the OLF seems better for me on forehand. Also don’t hate that the standard Pro plastic ones are $11. Might just have to get some more and see for myself. That’s what I usually end up doing when the curiosity big strikes me, anyway....

But thanks a bunch for the input. As someone who has thrown a decent amount of OLF shots, I’d be interested to see what you had to say about them in any other regard. How the different runs compare, how they compare to competitors, etc.

They aren't as overstable as spd, but they have enough stability to start a cycle.

I doubt you would notice much except for potentially on a torque-y forehand, in the wind or if you crush faaaah.

I personally feel that the cpd/spd are a half to full tick more os than an olf, depending on run.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 05-23-2019, 09:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 18
Niced 505 Times in 373 Posts

I do like that they list the run # right on the stamp so if you get a 'good run' or something you like, you know what you're looking for. I don't like that they aren't THAT available. My whole thing was to find a control driver but something that will always be available. So just hoping they keep these molds going as they are really nice.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:35 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 12
Niced 771 Times in 416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I do like that they list the run # right on the stamp so if you get a 'good run' or something you like, you know what you're looking for. I don't like that they aren't THAT available. My whole thing was to find a control driver but something that will always be available. So just hoping they keep these molds going as they are really nice.
Run 1.10 was my favorite for the S-OLS. I scrounge lot's of used bins and only found 2 of them and obviously found a bit of variation in the different runs. If you're going to chase particular runs you'll probably have to put some effort into it.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
Run 1.10 was my favorite for the S-OLS. I scrounge lot's of used bins and only found 2 of them and obviously found a bit of variation in the different runs. If you're going to chase particular runs you'll probably have to put some effort into it.
At this point the run doesn't matter too much to me. Just in general trying to find a decent color selection. Everything I find is orange or yellow and I don't like those. But its all good. Plenty of discs in the sea....or uhhh....you know
Old 05-23-2019, 09:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 122
Niced 481 Times in 303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
They aren't as overstable as spd, but they have enough stability to start a cycle.

I doubt you would notice much except for potentially on a torque-y forehand, in the wind or if you crush faaaah.

I personally feel that the cpd/spd are a half to full tick more os than an olf, depending on run.
Back when I threw QOLFs, I noticed Play It Again Sports often had x-out white/clear QOLFs. They were 1.2 & 1.3 I believe. They flew extra beefy. If you're looking for a more overstable QOLF those might be worth trying to track down, especially since they're usually only $8-10.

Old 05-24-2019, 02:12 PM
* Ace Member *

So I had a bad day at work and was kinda disgruntled so to counter that I went on a rampage and ordered some more discs. I got a bunch of Orions coming next week hee hee. Also testing out the Streamline Lift to compare to the Orion LS - so far from what I can tell they are similar in flight, slight turn straight mid-flight , reliable fade. So far the max weight Lifts are flying like star Valkyries, and....I like that. the Orion LS is more elongated S patter and more like my legacy patriot, just faster. really nice discs. I will say the Quantum sparkle OLS feels great and has a really stable flight without biting too hard. So far that's probably my favorite of the bunch I've tried.