Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 03-01-2014, 06:09 AM
Big Country

Years Playing: 28.1
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 184 Times in 104 Posts

I ordered a VIP and a Tourney plastic from Infinite Discs as soon as they were released, and these early reviews are right up my alley. I dont have a big arm, but Im no slouch either...I just need something a little more high speed stable than my Terns. I think at my arm speed I will be able to controllably throw these into a headwind, but also use it for regular distance driver duties as well.

Right now, I re-bagged the Giant but it so OS for me that its really just a utility driver. Hoping the Sorcerer makes the Giant go bye-bye!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 54
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
Right now, I re-bagged the Giant but it so OS for me that its really just a utility driver. Hoping the Sorcerer makes the Giant go bye-bye!
Don't know what the rest of your bag is like, but my Giant stays bagged for windy days... don't think I'd trust the Sorcerer not to turn on me into a moderate to strong headwind.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:19 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.1
Courses Played: 11
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sexy stamp. Tournament plastic is sexy. Rim feels more comfortable in my hand than other similarly fast discs.

Really looking forward to flinging this, even though I know it's probably too much disc.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:53 AM
Big Country

I'm having a lot of trouble with this disc. I don't have the cleanest form, but I can throw plenty of understable discs with no problems...for instance, the Tern. But my two Sorcerers (174 VIP and 168 TP) are almost uncontrollably flippy for me. These are definitely not the "stable workhorse" I was looking for.

These discs have mad glide, I'll give them that. I was getting some big bombs with a large degree of hyzer and about an 80 percent throw...but I have a weak arm by DGCR standards, so I don't know what's going on here. I assume it's me, and not the disc...anyone else getting similar results?
Old 03-09-2014, 03:55 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.1
Courses Played: 11
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hmm... I'm eager to try them out. What you're describing sounds like a slot I've already filled with the D4, so that's no good.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 98
Niced 91 Times in 57 Posts

Quote:
I'm having a lot of trouble with this disc. I don't have the cleanest form, but I can throw plenty of understable discs with no problems...for instance, the Tern. But my two Sorcerers (174 VIP and 168 TP) are almost uncontrollably flippy for me. These are definitely not the "stable workhorse" I was looking for.

These discs have mad glide, I'll give them that. I was getting some big bombs with a large degree of hyzer and about an 80 percent throw...but I have a weak arm by DGCR standards, so I don't know what's going on here. I assume it's me, and not the disc...anyone else getting similar results?
^^This is interesting to me as the four that I have aren't uncontrollable by any means.^^

I bought 2 Tourney's and 2 VIP's. The Tourney's are a little flatter and a little less stable than the VIP's. When thrown with about 400' of power, the tourney's have some good turn and distance to them. The VIP's were dead straight with only a little bit of fade. I think that the Sorcerer will be a nice compliment to the Giant for people with above average power.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 346 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:

ugh

I feel like way too many westside discs can fall into the out of control flippy category.

Just curious but what is a "weak" arm around here? Just trying to get a benchmark.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 98
Niced 91 Times in 57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
ugh

I feel like way too many westside discs can fall into the out of control flippy category.

Just curious but what is a "weak" arm around here? Just trying to get a benchmark.
Well...that is an interesting question, mainly because there is a lot of MBD around these parts. Below is what I would call a decent scale to judge by.

< 250 ft. = Rec
251-300 ft. = Int
300-350 ft. = Int/Adv
350-400 ft. = Adv
400+ = Adv/Pro

I would say a weak arm is anything 300 and under on a good pull.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 346 Times in 217 Posts

that's fair

Old 03-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Big Country

I have gotten my Terns out over 400 on flat ground on nothing close to a golf line. Golf lines I throw my fairways around 300-320, control drivers around 300-350 (depending on line) and Terns from 350-370.

I figured the Sorcerer problems I was having were all me, but again, I dont have these issues with my Terns. Its very odd.