Old 07-20-2017, 10:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 661 Times in 387 Posts

Meh, whatever. Ever since Millennium got sold to the young guy who owns it now a couple years ago (the guy who owns Hyzerbomb), it hasn't seemed quite the same. I have no idea how you could say that Innova stuff isn't 100x more available than anything Millennium releases (and generally in way more plastic options). Even if you're talking limited releases on the Innova factory store, the shipping prices there are way less stupid than the Millennium/Hyzerbomb site, and even though there can be a huge demand for new releases, they tend to keep pumping out runs on a weekly cadence until they stay in stock.

As far as the Taurus goes, I see them for $20 + shipping from Sunking discs and on Millennium's site for $17 + tax + shipping (although it doesn't appear there is any guarantee that they are actually even in stock there). Facebook groups tend to be all about gouging you on price for "collectibles" and I avoid most of them generally. I don't call that "a bunch of sellers." I see none on DGC, none on Infinite, none on eBay, none on Discnation, etc. Am I missing something?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2017, 11:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 131 Times in 93 Posts

I was thinking of McPro Aviars and Champ Rancho Rocs. Millennium has DT Omegas which are easy to find and a lot cheaper then McPros. Now the Taurus which will I am sure once it hits full production be easier to find then Champ Ranchos.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Niced: (1)
Old 07-21-2017, 06:53 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 42 Times in 28 Posts

[/As far as the Taurus goes, I see first runs for $20 + free shipping from Sunking discs [/QUOTE]
Old 07-21-2017, 07:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 194 Times in 102 Posts

I thought the millennium transition a couple of years ago was Discs Unlimited buying them?
Old 07-21-2017, 09:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 143
Niced 1,109 Times in 553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
Meh, whatever. Ever since Millennium got sold to the young guy who owns it now a couple years ago (the guy who owns Hyzerbomb), it hasn't seemed quite the same. I have no idea how you could say that Innova stuff isn't 100x more available than anything Millennium releases (and generally in way more plastic options). Even if you're talking limited releases on the Innova factory store, the shipping prices there are way less stupid than the Millennium/Hyzerbomb site, and even though there can be a huge demand for new releases, they tend to keep pumping out runs on a weekly cadence until they stay in stock.

As far as the Taurus goes, I see them for $20 + shipping from Sunking discs and on Millennium's site for $17 + tax + shipping (although it doesn't appear there is any guarantee that they are actually even in stock there). Facebook groups tend to be all about gouging you on price for "collectibles" and I avoid most of them generally. I don't call that "a bunch of sellers." I see none on DGC, none on Infinite, none on eBay, none on Discnation, etc. Am I missing something?
1. Matt Siri, who owns Hyzerbomb, has no interest whatsoever in Millennium. You're 100% off base.

2. Innova is in more shops. But you get what you get. Especially buying online. Millennium marks runs so you know what you're getting. As a destroyer thrower, you ought to know how convenient that is. So, finding a "certain run"? Nod goes to Millennium.

3. They're $20 shipped from numerous online sellers. How many different places have to be willing to mail them to you?

4. Jerry has tons of Millennium, at YOUR local disc golf shop. How about supporting local?

5. Are you missing something? Yes. Very much so.

Old 07-21-2017, 09:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 349 Times in 219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
I was thinking of McPro Aviars and Champ Rancho Rocs. Millennium has DT Omegas which are easy to find and a lot cheaper then McPros. Now the Taurus which will I am sure once it hits full production be easier to find then Champ Ranchos.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
I have a much easier time getting new mcpro aviars than I do dt omegas in the colors I like. The mcpro plastic feels a bit better to me too.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:16 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 161
Niced 544 Times in 242 Posts

Hopefully Ill be able to get out today and get some more throws in with mine.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 44
Niced 661 Times in 387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRB View Post
1. Matt Siri, who owns Hyzerbomb, has no interest whatsoever in Millennium. You're 100% off base.

2. Innova is in more shops. But you get what you get. Especially buying online. Millennium marks runs so you know what you're getting. As a destroyer thrower, you ought to know how convenient that is. So, finding a "certain run"? Nod goes to Millennium.

3. They're $20 shipped from numerous online sellers. How many different places have to be willing to mail them to you?

4. Jerry has tons of Millennium, at YOUR local disc golf shop. How about supporting local?

5. Are you missing something? Yes. Very much so.
1. I was told this was the case, so I was misinformed. I apologize for spreading a false rumor. I think the confusion probably comes from their close partnership and the re-branding that the two companies have done with different products (like backpacks). After going through Millennium's online store and adding some discs to my cart it appears that they do not have the same tax and shipping issues that Hyzerbomb's site has either. It looks to be $6 flat rate shipping, which is fine.

4. I get to Disc Golf Depot about twice a year. It's 45 minutes away from me, so usually I have the choice of using my time to either go there and shop or actually go and play disc golf. I'd love to get there more often, but with two little kids, I just don't have a lot of time. MY local disc golf shop is PIAS Beaverton, which is close enough for me to visit during my work lunch hour, and it sadly has no Millennium.

Anyway, I see I've added nothing to the conversation about the Taurus, and I'm sorry. I'll just show myself out of this thread.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-11-2017, 10:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 18
Niced 543 Times in 313 Posts

These are available to buy everywhere (that carries them of course) now.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.1
Courses Played: 76
Niced 173 Times in 106 Posts

I've been throwing my buddies light blue (max weight) Taurus for the last couple weeks. We both cycle Rocs, so he let me borrow one of his two to try out. So far I think it's great. It's more overstable than a majority of Champion Rancho Rocs, not by much though. It's not Gator overstable. It still has decent glide for being as overstable as it is. I could see this being a cheap alternative to a USDGC Roc. I might have to buy one or buy this one off my buddy. It's what I wanted the RocX3 to be. It isn't flat like a RocX3, it doesn't have a huge dome either. It has the same amount of dome as I like my KC/DX Rocs to have. Overall I'd recommend it to anyone who wants an overstable Roc in premium plastic.

Niced: (3)