#771  
Old 05-24-2019, 08:19 PM
RunnerUp RunnerUp is online now
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Courses Played: 13
Posts: 20
Niced 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethamphetamine View Post
The teebird, assuming it is an 11x, is probably 40-50ish depending on weight and condition. The gator looks awesome, Id say 50 maybe depending on condition. The roc could be big to the right person, 30 - 40. I have heard those wraiths are sought after, but I am not sure of the value
Thanks Seth! Of course the discs you mentioned are in my bag and not the ones I've had on the shelf for 10 years. The thing is I feel like I could get cheaper replacements for them... other than the Wraith which flies better than the new faster discs I've picked up recently (for me).

I don't understand what makes the older discs more desirable... part of the reason I posted!
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #772  
Old 05-25-2019, 01:45 AM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,535
Niced 606 Times in 519 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethamphetamine View Post
The teebird, assuming it is an 11x, is probably 40-50ish depending on weight and condition. The gator looks awesome, I’d say 50 maybe depending on condition. The roc could be big to the right person, 30 - 40. I have heard those wraiths are sought after, but I am not sure of the value
I will agree with the Gator, maybe even a tad more then $50 as a lot of players want the old Champion and not the New Champion Metal Flake or the Champion 3 as MF lacks glide and the 3 top is like the old 2000's completely flat top Gator in any plastic in that as soon as one can see the spin of the disc slow down the disc drops out of the sky. I hear that new Gators that are Flat top in any plastic do about the same. That USDGC disc is also a Champion Gator and if it is a almost flat top disc, they go for big bucks about $50-$60 maybe $65 because they do not have as bad a glide problem that the completely flat top Gators had in the 2000's or that the limited run 3 top Champion Innova is selling right now, also the USDGC tournament logo makes them more collectible for some reason.

Those old DX circle ROC are highly sought after and can get as high as $50 but more likely to be sold in the $30-$45 range.

If I remember right I was told the Champion Wraith was first released in 2006 for the Worlds, before that the DX and Pro were all you could get for the disc mold as if Innova had been testing the mold to see if it would sell. This however does not help with price but does help to know that the Champion Worlds is very sought after and if selling, $40 would be the minimum starting bid for the week long process you have for the disc.

That Valkyrie if it is not a super stiff Champion from the first few runs but rather the gummy stuff then more of the Valkyrie throwers will go for the disc. Somehow the Stiff Champion was never desirable to most of the Valkyrie players unless it was a high dome Valkyrie as then it did not matter grip wise as to how the Champion was for a higher dome Valkyrie. The disc will sell for $30-$40 probably not much more then $45 seeing as how the plastic doesn't have a single bright color in the I-Dye and that makes the disc harder to see on the ground in some circumstances.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #773  
Old 05-25-2019, 01:46 AM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 9,296
Niced 3,657 Times in 1,940 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerUp View Post

I don't understand what makes the older discs more desirable... part of the reason I posted!
Depends on the disc but in general, the older champ plastic is just better. Lasts longer and has better grip. Some people prefer the older versions of discs because the mold pieces might have been tweaked after the first runs, or just changed altogether like with the new roadrunners and sidewinders.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #774  
Old 05-25-2019, 02:07 AM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,535
Niced 606 Times in 519 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Depends on the disc but in general, the older champ plastic is just better. Lasts longer and has better grip. Some people prefer the older versions of discs because the mold pieces might have been tweaked after the first runs, or just changed altogether like with the new roadrunners and sidewinders.
Not always true about the better grip, some of the Glow Champion of 2010's had great grip and now so does Champion as they dropped the Jolly Luncher stiff versions. However that old 2000's Champion had some of the best durability of any brand besides the old Elite Z with Elite Z, old Discraft logo, and name of disc being like a raised part on the mold. Lastly that old Champion was possibly on par with the old Opto Line that Latitude first came out with in mid 2000's, the one that was like Metal Flake Champion that Innova makes.

I will agree that some like the Roadrunner and Sidewinders got changed more so in Champion and other premium plastics then in DX if the mold comes in that. A good example is the Leopard that it has changed in the premium plastics having tweaks made to it for a pro in the 2000's some time but not DX as that has not changed. These are reasons why Innova made the Leopard 3 in that disc is more the way an old Leopard or DX Leopard flies and Pro sponsored players were wanting a DX Leopard with the way it flies in premium plastic.
Reply With Quote
  #775  
Old 05-25-2019, 10:26 AM
wreckreation's Avatar
wreckreation wreckreation is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 233
Niced 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default KC Pro Teebird 11x

Used but not thrashed. Worth anything or just another Teebird?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kcproteebird.jpg (85.8 KB, 40 views)
Reply With Quote
  #776  
Old 05-25-2019, 10:34 AM
wreckreation's Avatar
wreckreation wreckreation is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 233
Niced 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default

(174 g, if i'm correctly reading the almost completely faded away ink)
Reply With Quote
  #777  
Old 05-25-2019, 10:38 AM
Sethamphetamine Sethamphetamine is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: MPLS
Posts: 112
Niced 59 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckreation View Post
Used but not thrashed. Worth anything or just another Teebird?
50, more probably.
Reply With Quote
  #778  
Old 05-25-2019, 10:49 AM
wreckreation's Avatar
wreckreation wreckreation is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 233
Niced 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Sweet. Thanks Seth.

And also thank you, dingus who shanks $50+ discs into the weeds without putting your phone number on them.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #779  
Old 05-25-2019, 10:53 AM
Dr. Bogey's Avatar
Dr. Bogey Dr. Bogey is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Central PA
Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 235
Niced 84 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh View Post
Ebay is tough that way for a lot of things.
Need to know what things are selling for not what they are being listed for.
This. Under the "Show only" options on the left side of an Ebay search results page you can click on "Sold listings" to see what items are actually selling for.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #780  
Old 05-25-2019, 03:35 PM
RunnerUp RunnerUp is online now
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Courses Played: 13
Posts: 20
Niced 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I will agree with the Gator, maybe even a tad more then $50 as a lot of players want the old Champion and not the New Champion Metal Flake or the Champion 3 as MF lacks glide and the 3 top is like the old 2000's completely flat top Gator in any plastic in that as soon as one can see the spin of the disc slow down the disc drops out of the sky. I hear that new Gators that are Flat top in any plastic do about the same. That USDGC disc is also a Champion Gator and if it is a almost flat top disc, they go for big bucks about $50-$60 maybe $65 because they do not have as bad a glide problem that the completely flat top Gators had in the 2000's or that the limited run 3 top Champion Innova is selling right now, also the USDGC tournament logo makes them more collectible for some reason.

Those old DX circle ROC are highly sought after and can get as high as $50 but more likely to be sold in the $30-$45 range.

If I remember right I was told the Champion Wraith was first released in 2006 for the Worlds, before that the DX and Pro were all you could get for the disc mold as if Innova had been testing the mold to see if it would sell. This however does not help with price but does help to know that the Champion Worlds is very sought after and if selling, $40 would be the minimum starting bid for the week long process you have for the disc.

That Valkyrie if it is not a super stiff Champion from the first few runs but rather the gummy stuff then more of the Valkyrie throwers will go for the disc. Somehow the Stiff Champion was never desirable to most of the Valkyrie players unless it was a high dome Valkyrie as then it did not matter grip wise as to how the Champion was for a higher dome Valkyrie. The disc will sell for $30-$40 probably not much more then $45 seeing as how the plastic doesn't have a single bright color in the I-Dye and that makes the disc harder to see on the ground in some circumstances.
Thanks Casey! Yeah that Gator is a really great disc. In a headwind it gets used on almost every hole, but in any condition it has really good glide for being a slower overstable disc. It's got a nice skip too if played correctly. From what you've described it sounds like it would be difficult for me to replace it with a new disc (I came back from 10yrs off to find a million new molds and have not caught up at all).

As for the USDC disc, I'm 99% sure its a Roc. I've held off throwing it for so long that I wanted to see if it's value had appreciated enough to sell it (my initial intent), but I'm thinking now that I'll just say screw it and put it in the bag. I have a feeling it could be a go-to disc for a long time.

I'm surprised on the DX circle Roc though, that would be something worth selling I think.

Your memory on the Wraith is spot on! I was excited when the Wraith came out and scored on that one... I alluded to it before, but I recently went out and bought a stack of new discs thinking they'd be better now (one would, right?), but somehow I can "bomb" a Shryke or a Tern and then throw that Wraith low and flat and the discs will end up at the same distance. It also holds anhyser and doesn't flip like those discs can... it always wants to flex out (nice and late as long as it isn't up too high).


On the Valk - its really stiff and if it's wet out it just doesn't feel safe, haha. At one time I had it bagged but I just end up using the wraith for the same type of shots. Your point about dye is a good one, that thing wants to get lost.

Thanks again for your post and for everyone's help. It's a nice little community here.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is this disc worth (Part IV)? bcr123psu Discs 5105 07-14-2017 02:01 PM
What is this disc worth? (Part III) bcr123psu Discs 5304 04-14-2013 10:52 PM
What is this disc worth? (Part II) timg Discs 4672 07-18-2012 12:34 AM
Losing Discs - Part of the Game, but NOT part of the Fun Stud Muffin General Disc Golf Chat 47 10-14-2011 04:11 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.