Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 12-23-2018, 02:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.1
Courses Played: 76
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 173 Times in 106 Posts

Pig
I mostly use it for sidearm approach shots and short forehand drives off the tee. I bet if premium plastic Pigs were in regular production, it would be more popular. Unfortunately Innova had problems with the Pig being too heavy in Champion plastic. Plus the Rhyno seems to be the most popular OS putter from Innova.

Max/Sabot
I currently bag the Hyzerbomb Sabot. The Sabot is the Max mold. Hyzerbomb picked it up after the Max went OOP. I still have some backup Star and Champion Max’s. I love these things for huge skip shots, sidearm rollers, anny flex shots etc. I enjoy the confidence I get from this disc on very windy days. Great disc for sidearm, backhand and overhand.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 12-23-2018, 03:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,057 Times in 493 Posts

M5
Flying Squirrel

Old 12-23-2018, 03:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 52
Niced 3,659 Times in 1,941 Posts

How many times have we done these threads already this year?...

Niced: (2)
Old 12-23-2018, 03:34 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 30 Times in 16 Posts

P1. Super neutral putter, super comfortable grip. Like a P2 without the fade. Even kind of like an aviar with less fade.

Old 12-23-2018, 04:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 628 Times in 494 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Pink Panther - those who bag Panthers seem to like them a lot, but not that many people bag them even though they are in starter kits.

I also have always really liked the SL, especially in Star plastic. But it was unloved to the point it went OOP.
Hah, and I loathe both of these discs. I used a champion Panther for a bit when I was starting out. Easy distance and very floaty/long for a mid. Problem is, the thing is really understable. If you overthrow it even a little, the disc is gone to the right. Panther is just very touchy. You can't throw it full power.... at all.

The SL was a glideless clunker for me. I wanted it to be like a Beast or Orc, but both of those flew better than the SL. The pro SL I could get along with. It had dome and glide. The star SL was flat and very thoroughly useless.

The disc I like that few others do is the Flick. There isn't another disc on the market like it. Very fast, flat, and glideless. Perfect disc for sidearm hook shots. I'll also use it for short drives into headwinds when I'm not trusting a mid to make the shot.
Old 12-23-2018, 04:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 628 Times in 494 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolexi View Post
DD2. I honestly dont know anybody else who throws these. Awesome disc, flies farther than anything else. S-lines have perfect stability for my 450ft arm.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
Good driver, but VERY touchy. Wide, shallow rim. I can absolutely mash with DD2s, but they're all over the place. They flip easily. They fly like a faster Shryke.
Old 12-23-2018, 04:25 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,817 Times in 1,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Hah, and I loathe both of these discs. I used a champion Panther for a bit when I was starting out. Easy distance and very floaty/long for a mid. Problem is, the thing is really understable. If you overthrow it even a little, the disc is gone to the right. Panther is just very touchy. You can't throw it full power.... at all.

The SL was a glideless clunker for me. I wanted it to be like a Beast or Orc, but both of those flew better than the SL. The pro SL I could get along with. It had dome and glide. The star SL was flat and very thoroughly useless.
About the Panther: the pink ones I happened to obtain at the time had/have a higher PLH than other Panthers (like the blue ones I got at the time). I'm sure that power throwers could turn 'em over, but for my arm, they've been good and straight. I've had the original pink Panther that I bought almost four years ago now, with a ton of throws and some abuse on spike hyzers crashing into the ground, and that Champion plastic disc has not changed its flight pattern a'tall. Love that Panther.

Newer Panthers are more understable, but for many, many amateur players, the Panther can be a great disc.

And yeah, the SL is a disc I like but others don't... getting us back on thread.
Old 12-24-2018, 01:36 AM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 62
Niced 82 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
The disc I like that few others do is the Flick. There isn't another disc on the market like it. Very fast, flat, and glideless. Perfect disc for sidearm hook shots. I'll also use it for short drives into headwinds when I'm not trusting a mid to make the shot.
I'm not sure the Flick counts. Sidearmers and overhanders throw them a lot.

The Squall is probably mine. Love that thing. It's like a Leopard that always acts right. I also throw a lot of sub-150g discs; that's not terribly common.

Old 12-24-2018, 02:20 AM
Par Member

Niced 19 Times in 19 Posts

DGA's Gumbputt in 1986. Best putter ever made.

Old 12-24-2018, 06:30 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,336 Times in 637 Posts

Birdie