Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

Old 08-19-2018, 08:47 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.4
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 42 Times in 26 Posts
Default Lost Diamond

green Diamond at GLenn Hilton on hole 5 it's a factory 2nd if ya find it and wanna stick it someone i can grab it when i go back would be forever your friend. cut up my hands pretty good looking for it might of went in the creek....lesson learned...don't pratice the head down throw when near bushes or a creek
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2018, 08:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 263 Times in 181 Posts

Rockburn ranch near Baltimore. Lost a yellow pro Leo with a rainbow stamp on 2 about 50’ right of the long pin. Will trade discs for its return.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:44 PM

Courses Played: 32
Niced 63 Times in 19 Posts

Received a text the other day: "Found your Mercy at Pipeline in Spartanburg."

I laughed, because I had lost the thing at Renaissance in Charlotte, like 3 months ago, maybe more. This is the second time I've lost one in town, only to have it show up much later, miles and miles away...
In this case, just like last time, the person* who found it is mailing it to me, with the very good (but unnecessary) advice to "pass it on." I even told him** to keep it if there was room in the bag and a need...
I say 'unnecessary' because I always, always call or text if I find a disc with a number in it. It's the Right Thing To Do. And to whomever it was that found mine, then decided to keep it? Have a nice life, pimple.

*Not knowing the gender made this happen
**Not knowing how to continue succinctly without a third person pronoun made this happen

Edit: And to the person/gentleman/lady who is returning my Mercy: If you happen to frequent this place, I'd be remiss if I didn't say THANK YOU, nice and loud. I'm very appreciative, and never take for granted those who do unto others as they would have done to them.

Last edited by EarthRocker; 09-05-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:42 PM

Courses Played: 71
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lost blue champion tri fly stamp shryke. northtown dgc pflugerville tx. Please call if found.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:28 PM

Years Playing: 0.3
Courses Played: 4
Niced 19 Times in 4 Posts

Shanked a yellow mamba into the high weeds near a stream at Kerr park in Downingtown a little while back. I only recently started playing, and this was the first disc I lost. I was throwing several discs at each tee, alone, sun just about to go down, and those high weeds which were starting to die looked like a yellow disc. Every time I thought I found it, it was just a dead blade of high grass/weeds. Name/number sharpied on but haven't heard from it again. The weeds were even cut down but its gone. I figure it either got found by some kid, or eaten up by the landscaping lawnmower. RIP Mamba.

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago, I was on a mini vacation in Vermont and played Smugglers Notch - Brewster Ridge for the first time, alone again. Hole 11 threw my champ glow leopard3, got a decent throw but it hung just a little too far to the right and it crept just out in the trees over the rock wall to the right towards the middle-bottom of the hill. I spent a bit trying to locate it with no luck. Name/number on there but haven't heard from it yet. Someone will probably see it glowing one late day and grab it.

Last Sunday I played another local course, with another friend this time, Anson B Nixon park in Kennett square, PA. As we're just playing through hole 1 I see a blue disc lying under a tree. I thought it was odd for someone to not see where this disc was, so how could they have lost it. We looked around for a few to see if anyone was still playing any holes nearby but didn't see anyone. There was facebook name on the rim so we bagged it to contact them. As we're getting closer to the hole I see a group coming the other way and asked if they just threw in this area. He said ya a blue disc. I was like here it is man, your lie is right under this tree over here. Felt bad for messing up this guys lie, even though i put it right where we grabbed it, but learned that lesson that hole 18 plays right next to 1 on this course. It was a large group so I guess they were taking a while before coming down. Later the same day I noticed that I was missing my glow buzzz, i have been using a normal backpack with a mesh thing on the back to hold my discs and it must have fell out on the course while I was walking. Luckily this time a guy from Maryland contacted me and said his son found it on the course. I should have it back this coming Sunday. Stoked on that. Got a real disc bag now so that shouldn't happen anymore.

I'm learning some important lessons with these stories.

Old 10-13-2018, 09:36 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.4
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 42 Times in 26 Posts

Played Sawmills here in NC there is the reg course that i played then for fun (and cause my approach game stinks) i did the small orange course....well on hole 8 threw my vip f2 shield it went in weeds no biggie...nope drain pipe going under a road.Rolled halfway through it tried everything couldn't get it after an hour. Was bummed but that's how it goes.

Old 10-16-2018, 02:32 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 40
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

My bag got stolen for the third time...maybe I will learn my lesson. I am quickly running out of my FAF firebird collection.

The good news is I bought a stack of pro destroyers to fill the flippy distance driver gap, and they are the furthest discs I've ever thrown!

If anybody finds a black rebel bag somewhere around Oakland, CA, you know who to contact.

If anyone is selling a shift bag in good condition, let me know!