#2161  
Old Yesterday, 02:02 AM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 2,600
Niced 1,028 Times in 700 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
Tried out the Gyro bag I posted on here and it did pretty well, and the only thing I missed was my turnover Stag.
You my friend need an Inertia!

..honestly
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2162  
Old Yesterday, 07:56 AM
Moose33 Moose33 is offline
Salient/Yikun Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 5,549
Niced 1,290 Times in 828 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
You my friend need an Inertia!

..honestly
Used to have a 160 and it was super flippy. Are the heavier ones more manageable?
Reply With Quote
  #2163  
Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,976
Niced 1,439 Times in 832 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
Used to have a 160 and it was super flippy. Are the heavier ones more manageable?
Yes, but still nose angle sensitive. I think maybe for someone forehand dominate a heavy plasma might work better.... I don't have enough forehand power to know for sure though.


The reason I say Plasma might work better for forehand is that it has more of a dumpy fade... something I have noticed in your disc selection that you like. It still has good turn without being flippy... at least for my 360' distance or so that I can throw it

Niced: (1)

Last edited by wolfmandragon; Yesterday at 09:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2164  
Old Yesterday, 10:20 AM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 2,600
Niced 1,028 Times in 700 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
Used to have a 160 and it was super flippy. Are the heavier ones more manageable?
Well of course, it's an extra 15g in stability.. I throw the 160's and I definitely don't throw like you.. Haha I looked up the stag 8 6 -1 2 I haven't thrown one so haha again.. Inertia is 9 5 -2 2

I just went off your can't turn the Volt or Crave enough and thought, if I was a Moose I bet an Inertia would be like a Relay for me.. Hold a line, any line. Just seemed topic appropriate and a possibility, looked like your bag was missing a control driver on the US side of the scale.

It has been a real workhorse in my bag, one of those Not sure what to throw? Maybe it's a little breezy...Not much room to work with...Too long for a Comet? Inertia Time!

If you're all FH and you hit like 500' I have no clue dude, flight numbers point to a fission Tesla I think it's 9 5 -1 2

Niced: (1)

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; Yesterday at 10:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2165  
Old Yesterday, 10:30 AM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 2,600
Niced 1,028 Times in 700 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
The reason I say Plasma might work better for forehand is that it has more of a dumpy fade...
Interesting, I had wondered after my plasma Tesla experience what the deal would be with an Inertia.. Plasma sure makes a Wave understable and Tesla more stable.. I always wanted a plasma Tangent but meh I think this has killed my lust for it, I got a bunch of neutrons.
Reply With Quote
  #2166  
Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM
Moose33 Moose33 is offline
Salient/Yikun Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 5,549
Niced 1,290 Times in 828 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Well of course, it's an extra 15g in stability.. I throw the 160's and I definitely don't throw like you.. Haha I looked up the stag 8 6 -1 2 I haven't thrown one so haha again.. Inertia is 9 5 -2 2

I just went off your can't turn the Volt or Crave enough and thought, if I was a Moose I bet an Inertia would be like a Relay for me.. Hold a line, any line. Just seemed topic appropriate and a possibility, looked like your bag was missing a control driver on the US side of the scale.

It has been a real workhorse in my bag, one of those Not sure what to throw? Maybe it's a little breezy...Not much room to work with...Too long for a Comet? Inertia Time!

If you're all FH and you hit like 500' I have no clue dude, flight numbers point to a fission Tesla I think it's 9 5 -1 2
I actually throw Bh a lot and do it fairly well, but the very long FH shots are the only part of my game that is out of the ordinary. These days a 425 backhand doesn’t turn any heads, though it took me years to get there.

Stag is actually almost exclusively a Bh disc for me, can be manipulated on a lot of lines and when I travel with a small bag that’s nice to have. Goes far for a slower disc too, for it out to 390 yesterday.

I’ll have to get another inertia, it’s been a few since I threw one. Might be work a look.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2167  
Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,976
Niced 1,439 Times in 832 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Interesting, I had wondered after my plasma Tesla experience what the deal would be with an Inertia.. Plasma sure makes a Wave understable and Tesla more stable.. I always wanted a plasma Tangent but meh I think this has killed my lust for it, I got a bunch of neutrons.
Plasma affects different molds differently.

-Volt it gives more glide and less fade.
-It gave my Tesla more glide and more fade.
-The Crave, more turn more fade.
-The Plasma Switch, harsher dump(the Switch was already dumpy)
-Plasma gave the Theory more glide less turn and less fade(much improved!!!).

Most discs Plasma makes better, not tried the Tangent, so I don't know.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #2168  
Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM
jakebake91 jakebake91 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: West Central Wisconsin
Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,263
Niced 794 Times in 427 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Interesting, I had wondered after my plasma Tesla experience what the deal would be with an Inertia.. Plasma sure makes a Wave understable and Tesla more stable.. I always wanted a plasma Tangent but meh I think this has killed my lust for it, I got a bunch of neutrons.
I've only thrown one wave. My newly added 166 plasma. I was shocked at how understable it is. My main driver up till now was a proton insanity, and I couldn't turn that thing nearly as easy as I'm turning the wave. Actually thinking I might need a more stable wave or something similar that's a touch more stable.

I want an all plasma bag haha. I LOVE that plastic. I'm close. Plasma wave, plasma crave, plasma axis, and plasma ion are my go to discs right now!
Reply With Quote
 

  #2169  
Old Yesterday, 03:05 PM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 2,600
Niced 1,028 Times in 700 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
I've only thrown one wave. My newly added 166 plasma. I was shocked at how understable it is.
Plasma Wave + Neutron Wave = DDD (Distance Driver Domination!)

I mix in an Inertia N, a Fission Tesla, a N Relay all about 155-160 ish.
Eclipse and N Crave pop in n out. + a Comet (usually ESP 172-176, Spin (proton), Plasma and soft N Envy, Ohm. (165-167 putters) sometimes a soft e envy. Blah blah haha, no wait that's it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV) Noill Discs 5530 02-24-2019 11:36 AM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III) Three Putt Discs 5403 06-13-2016 11:16 AM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II) Three Putt Discs 4612 05-16-2014 04:11 PM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) cmrichar Discs 5362 05-11-2013 08:34 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.