Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 09-25-2016, 11:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 210 Times in 163 Posts

My E-DS Destroyer that came up missing from my house over the winter. I was able to get 350'+ with it straight as an arrow.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2016, 11:45 PM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskew113 View Post
So then what's up? Do you bag that special disc and throw the poop out of it or do you only use it for special "safe" shots?
I wouldn't throw it over a 300' pond if that's what you are asking lol. I throw it all the time with some risk involved but not major risk lol.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 57 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamD View Post
I would throw it over a 300' pond if that's what you are asking lol. I throw it all the time with some risk involved but not major risk lol.
That's what I am interested in: At what point is it not worth it for you to throw your special disc?

Also, when would you sacrifice "that" disc?
Old 09-26-2016, 12:01 AM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
So then what's up? Do you bag that special disc and throw the poop out of it or do you only use it for special "safe" shots?
Quote:
That's what I am interested in: At what point is it not worth it for you to throw your special disc?

Also, when would you sacrifice "that" disc?
To me, it's not worth it if I can't get it back... it's sentimental I guess with a load of confidence backing it.
To answer your other question, I don't think I could sacrifice it.
If I know that disc would make the shot but there is a risc of never getting it back I'll grab a less confident disc and accept a worse score. I won't do it.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 33
Niced 578 Times in 279 Posts

Perfectly beat in 11x Champ Teebird and Firebird.
10+ year old DX Glo Roc and Small Bead Aviar.
Super beat Champ Gator.

I throw them as much as possible, but I also bag other discs to throw on risky shots.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 184
Niced 255 Times in 140 Posts

By design, most of the discs in my bag are fairly easy to replace. If I had to pick the most irreplaceable disc in my bag it would probably be my most seasoned Wizard. A lot of low speed stability has been knocked out of it, making it the perfect disc for most approaches. I would rather use and lose a brand new Wizard than risk losing my most worn Wizard.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 44
Niced 529 Times in 328 Posts

Well I lost my beautifully beat DX Roc earlier this year (it was one of the waxy runs so it only took 2 years to get beat). I've since replaced it with GL Fuses. They're not the same at all, but with some hyzer I can get similar lines out of them. I threw that DX Roc on a very risky shot that I knew was a risky shot, but it was also by far the best disc in my bag for it so I threw it anyway (and paid for it).

Currently, I'd probably be saddest about losing my nicely beat in patent numbers Star Destroyer. I wouldn't necessarily be saddest because it would be the HARDEST to replace (there are loads of people buying/selling old Destroyers all the time), but it probably would be the most expensive to replace with the same mold. I've bagged that disc for a long time now though, so it also has some sentimental value I suppose. I'd actually probably just replace it with one of my FR Sirius Scorpiuses. Again, not exactly the same flight, but similar enough.

If I were so attached to a disc that I couldn't stand losing it at all, then I would just retire it. I retired my very first golf disc a few years ago (Christian Sandstrom Star Valkyrie). I'll throw my old Destroyer on mildly risky shots although probably not to carry water. That's what DX Thunderbirds are for.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 105
Niced 85 Times in 56 Posts

Early run Amp. I'd also say first run Volt, but I quit bagging it so that I wouldn't lose it.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:23 AM
I Don't Actually Disc Golf

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,146 Times in 914 Posts

I'm starting to find that Star TLs are hard to replace. I lost my light blue 168g Star TL, and replacing that color and weight may prove impossible... and it looks like replacing Star TLs of any weight and color might be getting harder and harder to do.

To another point: in the thread: I've taken a couple of discs out of the bag when it became obvious to me on the tee that the risk of throwing them outweighed their good qualities. These were discs of some sentimental value.

Niced: (1)

Old 09-26-2016, 07:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 43.3
Courses Played: 173
Niced 386 Times in 188 Posts

Probably the Meteors. I like 1st run esp's and Cryztal Z's.