Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,562 Times in 1,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU View Post
I have no problem with the Ballista and Trespass but if there's a disc option that can have a better hand feel and get me more distance then I should consider it.

I'd like to be able to hit hard on a slight flex or hyzerflip (depending on wind and shot selection).
I don't think Tern is what you want. I think it's neck and neck with a Trespass of similar stability. They have very slightly different characteristics...I think the Trespass has a gradual turn that it keeps doing and fades out in a sweeping mild way, whereas the Tern will have a later stability that it pans out with a bit more consistently. But I find them the same distance, or one will be 10' longer just as likely as the other will be next time I throw both.

But the Tern IMO has a much worse hand feel...it has a shallow rim with a flare at the bottom. I think that flare at the bottom is why it has that more guaranteed late fade/flex vs. smoother sweep, but again they are similar. Sure if you have a flipper Tern vs. a fresh stable Trespass the Tern will go farther, but it's not inherently a longer disc IMO.

I think the Shryke feels better and is faster than the Tern so I would vote on that instead. I just haven't thrown a sweet spot one for my arm speed to see how they compare on the distance scale for me.
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 570 Times in 404 Posts

Quote:
thanks
interesting that you mention the Pharaoh as I emailed Infinite to ask them about that disc.

May I ask why you gave that recommendation?
Less variance than Shrykes?
Possibly right between the Shryke and the Tern?
No idea how they do it, but Pharoahs mold up slightly more OS, or less US, than most Shrykes.
Old Today, 02:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 2
Niced 230 Times in 174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
No idea how they do it, but Pharoahs mold up slightly more OS, or less US, than most Shrykes.
I'm gonna guess the fact that a small amount of Pharoahs is run is why they are more consistent. I suspect it is similar to what Innova does to "tweak" tour series discs.

Old Today, 09:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 74
Niced 67 Times in 55 Posts

Quote:
thanks
interesting that you mention the Pharaoh as I emailed Infinite to ask them about that disc.

May I ask why you gave that recommendation?
Less variance than Shrykes?
Possibly right between the Shryke and the Tern?
They are fantastic. At your distance you will really enjoy it. the shryke at 400 will just turn unless you hyzerflip it. The pharaoh will flip up a bit but it will fade, unlike the shryke. They feel just like a shryke too

Niced: (1)