Old 05-25-2022, 12:14 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 388 Times in 221 Posts

More work. I really focused on anchoring the drive foot in place prior to the backswing.

The plant knee is starting to play along much more consistently across reps. I still feel the rear foot want to back away in some reps & some off arm inconsistency.

Getting the drive foot fully anchored in place makes the new bend feel more natural and I usually end up more in balance with a noticeably faster and easier swing.

There is now a strange sensation near the end of the swing where I feel the rotation up through my core suddenly accelerate due the new posture/curve in the spine unfurling - like there's a sudden "WHAP!" at the end. It's not 100% reliable due to the above but this is very exciting.

I played early today and a couple power hyzerflips came out much faster than previous attempts at lower effort. The bend already makes a huge difference on the course in the uncoiling when I'm better postured. I'm pretty sure one of my drivers was on a line to park a 426' hole that I've never reached but I caught a late tree (in part because the disc was still turning, which has never happened before for me at that distance), so we'll see.

TBH the effort part is the most exciting: the good swings barely feel like I'm doing anything. My core is still feeling the new demands but it already feels a bit more natural and "springy" on good swings. I will dutifully keep drilling standstills.

A couple new swings at ~70% effort:
Video
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 05-25-2022, 06:28 PM

Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brychanus View Post
More work. I really focused on anchoring the drive foot in place prior to the backswing.
Would you mind expanding on this? In my mind the anchoring part comes with crushing the can but that happens post-backswing, right?
Old 05-25-2022, 09:04 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 388 Times in 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraceDisgrace View Post
Would you mind expanding on this? In my mind the anchoring part comes with crushing the can but that happens post-backswing, right?
I tend to think there are two braces. The backswing has a brace against the rear leg before the weight shifts. As soon as the weight shifts, the plant side brace forms and you swing behind it. I've actually practiced Crush on both feet and done the Kyle Berkshire stomp to get better weight transfer and ground force working in both directions.

But I need to keep that rear foot on the ground when I actually backswing to throw or it messes up the rear side rhythm, balance, and leverage. It should ideally feel like the weight of the arm/disc is compressing me firmly against the drive foot/leg, then rapidly decompresses pogo-like to accelerate me into the plant, starting the swing. Much easier to get that when the rear foot stays in place.

You can also see that in Throw 1 in my last video that my weight stays higher longer in the backswing while I'm braced against the drive side. But the kinematics are slightly jerkier overall. In throw 2 the kinematics looks smoother and I'm still braced against the drive side in the backswing, but I start to fall too soon before the peak of the backswing.

By SW22's grace, the overall motion pattern is getting much better, but there's still too much going on in my head sometimes because my body is trying to solidify and integrate the many changes from the past few weeks. Not enough time has passed for several of the changes to be permanent.

So I'm simplifying my strategy and drilling hard. I'm focused on getting anchored on the drive side with my weight high first, then tweaking the off arm, and continuing to work on bend in each throw session for now to find the sweet spot (sometimes I over-bend or under-bend. Over-bending looks hilarious).

I think it'll be a while before it's fully integrated and 100% consistent. But there are good swings in there. The clean ones feel and look so much better!!!

Old 05-26-2022, 02:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 253
Niced 6,975 Times in 4,022 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraceDisgrace View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxnhM5amro0#t=1m14s

Niced: (1)