* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 1340
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 538 Times in 215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
Holy crap hole 6 for the fpo that was not fun to watch. +17 for the card

And on the flip side. I thought the men's mpo I saw star framed it?

That's wild
Link?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2017, 10:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 349
Niced 13 Times in 5 Posts

Pre Event planning and preparation can really make or break an event. I like events that have all vital information listed. Entry Fees, Course information, player packs, payouts etc. The more information provided leaves no excuses for players who chose to play.

A+ For Ledgestone The website went above and beyond with all the above and more.

Courses are a big part of an event. TD’s who do a bad job of marking courses clearly set themselves up for complaining. Poorly marked OB’s, lack of information, can really make players upset. Playing a wrong tee or hole can really leave a bad taste in a player’s mouth.

A+ For Ledgestone Course setup was fantastic. Every tee at every course had hole information. The Caddy guide was as good as any. Peoria has a fantastic collection of courses.

As for Lake Eureka it’s very fun spectating at that course. There isn't a course out there that you will see scoring separation on pretty much every hole. I don’t know of any course that is tougher than Lake Eureka. There are a few changes I’d make. Trying to level tee pads would be the first. Having the option to throw off rubber and grass on every tee would be a priority to me as well. The constant complaining about the baskets out there is a a JOKE!! There is nothing wrong with Discraft Chainstars. There are spit outs on every type of basket.
Some changes I'd make. Level area for all tees. Grass/Rubber tee option for every tee shot. Open up bail out hyzer on #1. Get rid of mando. Make Drop Zone easier. # 5. Larger bail out area for a safe option to play the hole. #6. Open up the early part of the fairway for 500ft bombs. #8. Shorten pin to make it more accessible. #11. Move tee away from sidewalk/road. #12. Make a large shorter safe area for non power players.
Payouts & Player Packs
I’ve seen every type of player pack and payout imaginable. Pick your own. Grab from this box, pre selected items, trophy only, and many more. I have no problem with any as long as it’s advertised and fair.

A+ For Ledgestone. The player pack was advertised and holy crap it was AWESOME!! The payouts were MONSTEROUS! For the amateurs complaining about only getting Discraft is ridiculous. There were bags and baskets to pick from too. The selection of Discraft was awesome.

I read some comments Pre & Post event that only having Discraft was stupid. I don’t see Dynamic Discs giving away Innova at Glass Blown. I don’t see USDGC using Discraft. Discraft offers a great variety of discs and there is nothing wrong paying out with only Discraft.

Day of tournament operations.
I have a little more patience for new tournament directors and smaller local events. I expect more from TD’s who’ve run a handful of events over the years. If they aren’t evaluating and making the event better from year to year shame on them. This involves checkin time, turning the board around, awards ceremony, payouts, etc…

A+ For Ledgestone. The checkin line was long but they moved people along as fast as they could. How many events have 800 Amateurs? There’s going to be a line. Every course had competent workers. I’m pretty amazed how fast the awards ceremony started after Ledgestone. Scores and tee times were posted. I’ve see smaller A-Tiers take way longer to get that information up. Nate and his staff have improved this event significantly every year!

Bonus event features. A+ for Ledgestone. There were activities to participate in pretty much every night of the week leading up to that event.

I want to publicly thank Nate H. and his staff which was a small army. What an awesome event. Not only did they pull off a huge event he continues to raise record amount of money. I’ve tried to fund raise $500. That’s hard enough. I can’t imagine raising $50K.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 34
Niced 344 Times in 216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dewgarita View Post
Link?
Was prodigy discs video. Maybe round 3 coverage? It was Paige, Val, Jessica and Allen.

Sorry no link. Was watching on the tv
Old 08-07-2017, 10:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 67
Niced 228 Times in 123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Just again..trying to understand the rating system. One thing that I would like 100% clarity on, at Ledgestone based on what I've read the FPO division was not rated against anything the MPO division did, is that correct? If so...then moving forward why wouldn't the FPO division always be rated in this way? Regardless if they did or did not play the same course/layout, as the MPO field? Thx for the comments btw, much appreciated.
No other divisions played the same course as MPO.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-07-2017, 10:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 67
Niced 228 Times in 123 Posts

That said, the FPO ratings will be calculated along with the other players in B pool (FPO/MPM/MPG/MPS/MM1)

Niced: (1)
Old 08-07-2017, 10:35 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 1,364 Times in 324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
Why do you feel the need to include your height?
I just want him to know how big of a hug it would be! I have a wingspan that can get around most people, in case he was wondering. It is a lot of love!

Old 08-08-2017, 06:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 84
Niced 1,341 Times in 581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by #19325 View Post
For the amateurs complaining about only getting Discraft is ridiculous. There were bags and baskets to pick from too. The selection of Discraft was awesome.
Seriously? People were complaining about that? Ridiculous is an understatement. Uh helloooooo - it's the Ledgestone PRESENTED BY DISCRAFT...
Old 08-08-2017, 06:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 52
Niced 3,810 Times in 2,016 Posts

Old 08-08-2017, 06:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 46
Niced 3,083 Times in 1,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
Seriously? People were complaining about that? Ridiculous is an understatement. Uh helloooooo - it's the Ledgestone PRESENTED BY DISCRAFT...
Ams want all that flashy new Trilogy garbage. Discraft is so unhip.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:54 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 109
Niced 250 Times in 117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Ams want all that flashy new Trilogy garbage. Discraft is so unhip.
And of course, has to be micro brew beer, and a man bun.