Old 03-06-2018, 08:47 AM
Independent Operator*

Years Playing: 22.9
Courses Played: 503
Niced 624 Times in 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
Looking to pull the trigger on these products for a local DGC. Need references or reviews of anyone who has installed or played on them. Thanks!
I have played on several DGP's with these tees and they work great. 54 new DGP tees were installed at the Wild Horse Golf Club for the 2018 Las Vegas Challenge. The DGP tees fit in nicely with the upscale location. You can see the new tees in the event videos. The DGP tees are also used at North Las Vegas DGP which is also on a bolf course.

I played at LHC DGP in Baton Rouge right after a heavy rain, the DGP tees were high and dry. Like others have said, they will require some maintenance to keep in top condition. I have no experience with installation.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 03-06-2018, 09:34 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 170
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 562 Times in 255 Posts

Ive only played one course with the DGP turf tees and yes they are an upgrade from normal turf tees but I still found myself slipping on the tees. I played on them in early morning in the summer so the tees were dew covered. I slipped slightly on the first few tees and then after that I had to basicially a style of golf that I only have to play in the winter so that I did not slip. I am probably one of the few who does not like these.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-06-2018, 02:17 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 20.2
Courses Played: 203
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 61 Times in 28 Posts

I've played Langley and enjoyed the pads. It might be worth checking with the designer of The Claytons ( www.bouttedesign.com/bio.html ) in Tennessee on how he did turf pads. I think The Claytons pads are even better than the discgolfpark style. They seemed a little more padded, like an anti-fatigue mat.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 92
Niced 303 Times in 151 Posts

I've played ones that weren't installed correctly and were uneven. Didn't like that at all. That, of course, is not a comment on the materials, but the installation. It was the only thing that I noticed about them.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:53 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 24
Niced 153 Times in 106 Posts

I've played the Disc Golf Park near Baton Rouge and I really liked them. They're elevated off the ground via the 2x4 frame, and provide a solid foundation for footing. Good grip too, from what I remember. As MikeK said though, time will tell on the durability and longevity. I think it's a great second option to concrete.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:53 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 6
Niced 88 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
Ive only played one course with the DGP turf tees and yes they are an upgrade from normal turf tees but I still found myself slipping on the tees. I played on them in early morning in the summer so the tees were dew covered. I slipped slightly on the first few tees and then after that I had to basicially a style of golf that I only have to play in the winter so that I did not slip. I am probably one of the few who does not like these.
If you slip on those teepads due to moisture they may not have been installed correctly. There's supposed to be sand within the turf to contain it.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 84
Niced 1,341 Times in 581 Posts

Well I am 99% sure the township is going to pull the trigger on these pads. One thing I like is the ease of installation compared to concrete. I don't have to worry about getting a concrete truck close to the pad or try to get a bobcat there to dump concrete. These can be installed entirely with hand tools if needed. Also, even if it doesn't last as long as concrete I would think moving/replacing pads are a snap compared to replacing/moving concrete that has settled or cracked.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 48
Niced 747 Times in 519 Posts

When dry, I prefer concrete. When wet, I prefer turf. The downside to concrete is larger to me than any downside to turf, so overall, I would prefer turf. When our concrete pads get slippery, it affects my throw even if I do not slip.