Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > Tournaments & Leagues

Old 05-13-2019, 12:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 892 Times in 515 Posts

Paul Mcbeth should have got a warning in R2 hole 17. . but we just don´t call warning that often and footfault even less.

And you see what happens IF you do. . the few i remember seeing.

PP warns Cat for throwing her mini. . gets a revenge warning back
Nikko calls a footfoult on Ricky, no one seconds it and the mood on the card gets really bad after that.
Someone called time on Nikko and the emotion run high

The drama and risk of backlash is just to big for you to call a fault if somebody misses their mark by a few inches
Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2019, 01:55 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,919 Times in 1,438 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Paul Mcbeth should have got a warning in R2 hole 17. . but we just don´t call warning that often and footfault even less.

And you see what happens IF you do. . the few i remember seeing.

PP warns Cat for throwing her mini. . gets a revenge warning back
Nikko calls a footfoult on Ricky, no one seconds it and the mood on the card gets really bad after that.
Someone called time on Nikko and the emotion run high

The drama and risk of backlash is just to big for you to call a fault if somebody misses their mark by a few inches
Exactly. And there have been other examples over time, such Val's mom/caddy being called for carrying a beer can (which generated controversy), the Climo example from a while back (still talked about years later), McBeth time warning by McCray (oh, he was willing to call something then but stood there and wouldn't back up Nikko's correct call on Wysocki) and then whining after Sexton said it would be just a warning, etc. etc.

So ball golf's 'honor system' and self-policing by players is NOT working, at all. Calls made get controversy. Calls NOT made now getting controversy. System needs fixing. How we gonna do dat?

Niced: (1)
Old 05-13-2019, 02:53 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 137 Times in 60 Posts

I have a theory that getting rid of warnings cause people to make less calls. Also, I think players believe that if you miss your lie on accident and only by a few inches, it did nothing to gain you an advantage, so why call it? I feel like if people were doing it to give themselves a better shot, people would be more likely to call it.

Niced: (2)

Last edited by discgolfer25; 05-13-2019 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,810 Times in 2,016 Posts

The one Ricky had at Memorial last year was obviously to gain a better position, it wasn't an accident. you could see him keep looking up at the tree in front of him trying to figure out the best angle. He then throws from 3ft behind his marker so that he had a better angle to get the distance he needed...

Niced: (4)
Old 05-13-2019, 04:31 PM
Par Member

Niced 146 Times in 50 Posts

Being able to give a warning is easier to call and it gets the offending player and the rest of the card paying attention the rest of the round. Bring back warnings.

Old 05-13-2019, 04:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.3
Courses Played: 95
Niced 663 Times in 261 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by discgolfer25 View Post
I have a theory that getting rid of warnings cause people to make less calls. Also, I think players believe that if you miss your lie on accident and only by a few inches, it did nothing to gain you an advantage, so why call it? I feel like if people were doing it to give themselves a better shot, people would be more likely to call it.
But it does give them an advantage.

Make a fairway throw when not worrying about your plant foot placement then make another one while making sure your plant foot hits the legal mark.

The second throw will be harder to do because you will be thinking about one more issue, hitting the legal mark.

Niced: (2)
Old 05-13-2019, 11:27 PM
Par Delusionary

Years Playing: 45.2
Courses Played: 330
Niced 1,537 Times in 756 Posts

DGPT - AbsoluteXtracts presents the San Francisco Open driven by Innova at Gleneagles DGC
Performance Tracks.

Hole #16 was the biggest problem for both of the higher-rated second-place finishers. On that hole over the three rounds, Paige scored 3.04 throws worse than her expectation, while Catrina scored 2.03 better than her expectation. Paul scored 1.38 worse than his expectation, while Ricky scored 1.73 better than his expectation.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SFO2019PTs2.jpg (136.5 KB, 177 views)
Old 05-13-2019, 11:38 PM
Par Delusionary

Years Playing: 45.2
Courses Played: 330
Niced 1,537 Times in 756 Posts

Hole performance charts.

Attached Images
File Type: png SFO2019HoleCharts.png (41.8 KB, 254 views)
Old 05-14-2019, 12:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 892 Times in 515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
But it does give them an advantage.

Make a fairway throw when not worrying about your plant foot placement then make another one while making sure your plant foot hits the legal mark.

The second throw will be harder to do because you will be thinking about one more issue, hitting the legal mark.
Yes--it´s SO much harder to hit your mark, than to just throw and not worry about it. . .it´s like making a longjump and not have to worry about hitting the plank.

Old 05-14-2019, 02:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 68
Niced 195 Times in 114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alobar View Post
Cat is a poor sport and should be ignored until she changes her attitude and embraces sportsmanship and professionalism.

Assuming the camera doesn’t distort, she has had shoddy foot placement on fairway shots for years. I have been watching her play post-produced DG vids since 2014 Worlds and she’s never cared about hitting her lie.

Fight me.

"Another human doesnt act like i want them to, lets ignore them"

Her attitude is the best part of her game. She is there to win, not make friends. It is her job, i dont blame her one bit for taking it seriously.

U prolly dont like bat-flips in baseball either .... Lol