Old 06-12-2019, 11:48 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 646 Times in 365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
It would be trying to appeal to a small niche market... come to think of it is there any disc golf movies that are main stream? I remember Seinfeld and "the summer of George" where he was going to start Frolfing but I can't think of any other mainstream references to DG.
No but they planted a fake basket in 22 Jump Street by the water which isn't actually a real hole

Niced: (2)
Old 06-12-2019, 12:36 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
No but they planted a fake basket in 22 Jump Street by the water which isn't actually a real hole
There was also a basket in the main guy's backyard in the About A Boy TV show.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-12-2019, 12:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 5
Niced 677 Times in 477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnocentCrook View Post
Quality "prerubing".
Yeah I gotta give Grip some credit for injecting humour everywhere.. It's like " lite trolling"

Niced: (1)
Old 06-12-2019, 03:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 458 Times in 296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Random thought about DGCR: When it started in 2007, I threw every new disc that came out and could pretend like I knew a lot about golf discs. Fast-forward 12 years and there is a popular three-company disc manufacturer that I ignore (basically because the fanboys are annoying) and Innova released a disc (Corvette) that I've not only never tried, I've not paid attention enough to it to even know what kind of disc it is. OS? US? Fairway? High-Speed? Who knows, I don't care. So much for pretending to know a lot about golf discs.
I think I have peaked in terms of caring about the new releases of stuff. There are now only a few rough spots in my bag to iron out, and only every once in a while does something come out that could possibly challenge a slot.

For the longest time, I was chasing that promised, mythical mold/plastic combination that would not specifically turn me into a better player, but at least allow me to know I was building a house of skills and experience on top of a sound plastic foundation ie my bag and the discs I chose to throw a lot of.

These days I am damn close to solidifying what I throw. I at least know what I want and have tried just about every "archetype" of disc that could possibly fill the roles I am looking for. Even as new discs are released, we've pretty much seen at least a few discs that fit the same archetype - Paul's new fairway for example will be compared to an incredible spectrum of established disc molds - you really think they can outdo a Teebird?

On the other hand, I plan on picking up a small stack of the new FD2 when the prod run is released in order to kick teebs out of the bag finally, so I guess you never know.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:20 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 111
Niced 280 Times in 86 Posts

Hey guys I was walking my dog today and saw a DisCatcher Sport in someone's yard. Ain't that cool!?
Old 06-13-2019, 01:06 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 25
Niced 635 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Casey my dude that sounds like an awful movie. Just sayin'
was a joke.

Have you seen Endless Summer The Surf Movie from 1964? I want to do the same movie but for Disc Golf chasing the Disc golf Courses around the wold. Call it Basket Chasers or something.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 06-13-2019 at 01:09 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake833 View Post
Hey guys I was walking my dog today and saw a DisCatcher Sport in someone's yard. Ain't that cool!?
Yep Is it the 24 modern, Innova equivalent to the Mach III or the older version?
Old 06-13-2019, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
It would be trying to appeal to a small niche market... come to think of it is there any disc golf movies that are main stream? I remember Seinfeld and "the summer of George" where he was going to start Frolfing but I can't think of any other mainstream references to DG.
I believe Parks and Rec had an Episode where a Disc golfer gets a disc lost in the water and one of the Police used a grabbing tool for getting things like bombs and other dangerous things like specific drug stuff without touching them. The police called it Frisbee Golf and the others called it Disc Golf. My brother told me.

Another is in Comic strip Zits where The Son Jeremy plays Disc Golf, they actually call it the right name because one of the two people who work on that comic his son plays Disc Golf and father does too but is not that serious about it.

Niced: (2)

Old 06-13-2019, 07:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 46
Niced 3,093 Times in 1,345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I believe Parks and Rec had an Episode where a Disc golfer gets a disc lost in the water and one of the Police used a grabbing tool for getting things like bombs and other dangerous things like specific drug stuff without touching them. The police called it Frisbee Golf and the others called it Disc Golf. My brother told me.
I must have missed that episode in the 5-6 times I've watched Parks and Rec.