Old 06-15-2019, 09:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 642 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
The Wave is MVP's best distance driver.
If I'm looking for slightly flippy bombs, give me the Catalyst. If I want a little beef, Octane.

The Catalyst outstrips the Wave easily, and is a more consistent flier (less flippy). It also glides a lot better.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2019, 10:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 642 Times in 506 Posts

Delete

Last edited by Twmccoy; 06-15-2019 at 10:08 AM. Reason: double post
Old 06-15-2019, 12:12 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 79
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 16 Times in 12 Posts

Anyone who threw the criminal, any similar discs? maybe certain PD runs?
I've been bagging the same FR lucid Criminal since release and it is still pretty overstable but its not dumpy, more of a glidey overstable disc. I love it and will still bag it, just curious of other peoples 10ish speed glidey overstable discs.
Old 06-15-2019, 05:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 2
Niced 355 Times in 265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHaavisto View Post
I've been bagging the same FR lucid Criminal since release and it is still pretty overstable but its not dumpy, more of a glidey overstable disc. I love it and will still bag it, just curious of other peoples 10ish speed glidey overstable discs.
Domey FB? Glidey and overstable in my mind don't mix well. Maybe a Raptor or PMB's new fairway?
Old 06-16-2019, 04:38 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 190 Times in 122 Posts

Quote:
I bag Simon's Doombird2 (he chose one with a notable dome) and now that I beat it in i can see why! Saved a par with one of those 90% anhyzers that glide but still fight back and tries to tombstone when given some height.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:14 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 26
Niced 377 Times in 228 Posts

Quote:
I use the Getaway for when I want glidey and overstable, but it's a Speed 9. A touch slower than what you're used to but worth a shot. Could go the Thunderbird route as well. I've never thrown a PD but that seems to be what people use those for, too.

All that being said, I thought a Criminal was supposed to be stupid overstable, like Lucid-X Felon territory. So if yours is beat enough to be nice and glidey rather than a true beefcake, then it's not like a fresh Criminal was going to be much help for you even before the OOP decision. It's always tough to find a decent backup for a disc that has been really worked in.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:49 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 22 Times in 14 Posts

The renegade for me has never been a max distance disc. That's what my echostar wraiths and destroyers are for. The renegade is for hyzerflip to turnover woods shots or rollers. 20mph tailwind stuff. I rarely throw a renegade in a situation where I want it to fade back, but I like that kind of disc for the understable end of my distance drivers.

That said, I went out and picked up 3 fuzion bursts so I guess I'm ok for a while.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-17-2019, 10:47 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 458 Times in 296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
Looking at the list of Dynamic Disc's molds:

2 out of 7 putter molds cut
5 out of 10 midranges cut
2 out of 9 fairways/control drivers cut
3 out of 9 distance drivers cut

I am looking for a pattern.
The midranges took the biggest hit. I wonder if this list might be indicative of a trend in people's buying habits. Maybe midranges are tough to sell right now for whatever reason.
Probably the least sexy of any disc category. And/or all the DD pros pretty much bag some combination of Truths and that's it. Except for ol' Loose Cannon himself.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 48
Niced 758 Times in 522 Posts

My mids do not change over time enough for me to buy many. Once I got set on what I thought was a good lineup, it hasn't changed nearly as much as FDs and DDs. I also almost never lose them. My over water shots are always with drivers.

Niced: (1)

Old 06-17-2019, 11:08 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,910 Times in 1,432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
The midranges took the biggest hit. I wonder if this list might be indicative of a trend in people's buying habits. Maybe midranges are tough to sell right now for whatever reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Probably the least sexy of any disc category. And/or all the DD pros pretty much bag some combination of Truths and that's it. Except for ol' Loose Cannon himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
My mids do not change over time enough for me to buy many. Once I got set on what I thought was a good lineup, it hasn't changed nearly as much as FDs and DDs. I also almost never lose them. My over water shots are always with drivers.
One reason the mids might be out of favor is because a niche market has come up in what I call the "approach" category. This category of 'fast putters' or ' real slow mids' has grown, including discs like the Stud and Colt, Mirage, Zone (yes, it's not 'new', but it's in the category), A1-A4 by Prodigy, etc.

As for DD, the Deputy was marketed as a throwing putter as much as a putting putter, and Trilogy has put out faster speed putters like the Crown and Marshal.

And on the other side, 'slow' fairway drivers are being used like faster mids these days. All of this has possibly had an effect on mid purchases. As an example of one, I wasn't using any mids at all much of last year (except the Pink Panther and that as a utility disc).

So not too much surprise the mids were severely curtailed, especially the less stable mids that casual ams use more than the pros.