Old 07-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Hmm, that might be actually good as my XL I typically throw for long turnovers and Im carrying Teebirds again for when I just dont have the play to put some hyzer on the XL and let it work left and right. Maybe it would mean the Teebird would stay my straight control disc for now and the Avenger would eventually come my distance driver.
That's the setup I currently run, Teebirds as my control disc, Avenger/Avenger SS for distance.

Just a thought, I own a Z Avenger (170) thing is REALLY Overstable, just a bit less than a Pred. If you don't get it flat and nose down thing is a meat hook. But it is laserbeam straight once you get to throwing it well and I love mine.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2010, 01:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Nose down will be interesting as I think I have more and more consistantly been getting this after working on it for quite a while. could also just end up being a good disc for me to get used to it as I will likely see when I mess up better than with the Teebird. Of course the Pred tells me from time to time if I dont get it down when it doest skip.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 31
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
When you say a notch or 2 less stable than the Pred; my Pred flies straight like a Teebird, but fades a little earlier but still traveling forward. It doesnt do that right out of the hand though, and it still manages to make it just short of the teebird in straight line distance but probably travels a bit further if you measured by the flight path over to the left.
Do you use your Predator mostly FH? For me, the Predator was too overstable to use all the time. So the Z Avenger gave me that long, straight flyer but still had a decent fade at the end. I could also get some nice anny/flex shots with it, again, with forward fade I could count on. The X was much easier to get straight out of the box, still with fade, but developed a nice turn after a while, giving it another 30-40 ft of distance. Now, it's actually a turnover disc, that when given room to work will make a big s-turn. I see the Avenger as more like an Eagle than a Teebird (s-turn vs. straight and fade)

I would imagine that a beat in Pred flies a bit like a new Z Avenger, but I never beat mine in.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 17
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothyfish View Post
Do you use your Predator mostly FH? For me, the Predator was too overstable to use all the time. So the Z Avenger gave me that long, straight flyer but still had a decent fade at the end. I could also get some nice anny/flex shots with it, again, with forward fade I could count on. The X was much easier to get straight out of the box, still with fade, but developed a nice turn after a while, giving it another 30-40 ft of distance. Now, it's actually a turnover disc, that when given room to work will make a big s-turn. I see the Avenger as more like an Eagle than a Teebird (s-turn vs. straight and fade)

I would imagine that a beat in Pred flies a bit like a new Z Avenger, but I never beat mine in.
All BH for the Pred. Im just afraid it migh be an oddball though since, like I said earlier; the color and feel of the plastic has made me mistake it for my FLX Avenger SS whne I have carried the Avenger SS.

Sucks when you are counting on a left turn and instead your disc goes right and you have no idea why until you are walking up to the disc way off target in the rough.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Avenger does hold some beautiful anny flex lines. It is also a bit like a pred as it will fly straight before diving off hard right (lhbh for me) for a good skip.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 32
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I guess I just have the wrong impression of Avengers. They don't treat me like a Pred in the least- they are like old mold Beast for me. Big S shots- and it's an Elite Z 173g.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

ok,,,id go surge in esp plastic 165g. Avenger is just a tad more stable than a surge. I have both in my bag but i like the surge alot more. Seems like i can do more things with a surge. I really only throw avenger if i need that specific turn at the end.