Old 01-25-2014, 05:21 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default What disc to replace my CE Leopard?!

So again, I got 4 offers last week on my lime green CE leopard. Guys have been trying to pawn this off of me for years but until now I never considered it.

I bought this disc about 15 years ago. But I was playing with a group of 3 regulars last week and they asked me what my discs are on the way to one of the tee's. Went over my discs then mentioned my leopard and how I don't play with it because a lot of people offer me $$ for it every time I bring it out. He laughed it off. Pulled it out on hole 3 and he was yelled "Wait that's a CE Leopard Why are you throwing that?!" and offered me $40 for it.

Hole 9 is pretty bunched up with 3 groups and I pull my discs out and a new group asks us what were throwing. The group about to throw see's me CE leopard and comment on it and again I get a offer of $35 for it.

Declined because I enjoy this disc A LOT.. Get to the pro shop and tell the pro shop/course pro about my discs, he wants to see it and offers me $25, again I declined so he offered me $30 again I declined, and he said that's a good disc don't lose it! But that's as good as its ganna get from me cause I get discs for free that's just good plastic and has almost 0 ink and to clean it before I sell it, because I do play with it.

My buddy was telling me I'm stupid for not taking these offers cause I dont appreciate CE plastic (I don't its just a good flying disc to me) and should sell it and fund more discs..

I'm finally coming around and thinking I have been offered up to $60 for this disc at one time. Maybe I should part ways and fund other discs...

What discs will replicate this Leopard? This is my favorite driver aside from my beast right now. So what disc(s) should I fund and get to replace this Leopard.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2014, 05:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.1
Courses Played: 94
Niced 1,510 Times in 672 Posts

uhhhhmmm... a leopard? i still throw both a proline and a ce leopard but if i needed to replace the ce i would probably go with star.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 27
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Find a replacement before selling it or you'll hate yourself for it. As to "replace" it, tough call. An Amp flies further, but feels way different in the hand. I might suggest a River or maybe another Leopard. Perhaps a Champ or Pro Leopard? Some say the Legacy Patriot flies like a leopard.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 149
Niced 57 Times in 19 Posts

Well, what do you like about how it flies? It's easy enough to recommend discs that are similar to the Leopard, but I imagine there are a lot of knowledgeable folks on here who could offer good advice but haven't thrown one in CE.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 68
Niced 115 Times in 60 Posts

I'm guessing your leopard is a flat second run.

It is unlikely you will ever find a disc that has a similar feel and flight to that disc. Promise. Why sell it? If you like it, keep it and enjoy it. That's what this sport is about. If you got it for a reasonable price, you're not being 'foolish' or anything by playing with it.

Legacy produced a small amount of 1st run patriots weighing 168 grams that are very very similar. Super flat and have an awesome flight. Unfortunately, they are already costing over $30 to pry away from owners.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:35 PM
**SuIciDe AnKles**

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 482
Niced 735 Times in 313 Posts

You should be able to find a Star or Champ Leopard that you'll love just as much. The great part is, you should be able to sell the CE for enough to buy 2 of each.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 31
Niced 207 Times in 113 Posts

keep it.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:42 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
Well, what do you like about how it flies? It's easy enough to recommend discs that are similar to the Leopard, but I imagine there are a lot of knowledgeable folks on here who could offer good advice but haven't thrown one in CE.
Is seriously the most forgiving driver I have in my bag, no matter how I throw it its a flat straight drive with a slight very slow end fade. I don't think I;ve ever had a bad throw with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjman View Post
I'm guessing your leopard is a flat second run.

It is unlikely you will ever find a disc that has a similar feel and flight to that disc. Promise. Why sell it? If you like it, keep it and enjoy it. That's what this sport is about. If you got it for a reasonable price, you're not being 'foolish' or anything by playing with it.

Legacy produced a small amount of 1st run patriots weighing 168 grams that are very very similar. Super flat and have an awesome flight. Unfortunately, they are already costing over $30 to pry away from owners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
You should be able to find a Star or Champ Leopard that you'll love just as much. The great part is, you should be able to sell the CE for enough to buy 2 of each.
^^ The 2 comments above was exactly what the pro shop guy told me. And why these were so popular. But the reason I'm thinking of selling is because my buddy was right. If I could find a disc close to the same flight I could buy 2 or 3 discs with the offers I've gotten on this thing.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 31
Niced 207 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser flippin View Post
keep it.
forever.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:44 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

This disc, same condition but lime green.

Last edited by CK_32; 01-25-2014 at 05:47 PM.