Old 12-04-2018, 12:35 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 114
Niced 67 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Anybody have/throw/feel that Shattered Sparkle plastic?
I throw a Sparkle Enemy.
I've got 4-5 extra I've acquired over the past year of so.
It's great stuff. Better grip than a Champion Firebird, same great flight, more control.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 12-14-2018, 11:31 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 18 Times in 10 Posts

My order arrived, just in time for the weekend, hopefully weather cooperates to let me get out there and test.

Of the order (Icon Recon, Skyline Aftermath and Legend Pursuit), last two really caught my eye. Skyline plastic, at least on this disc, feels like the buttery, sweet Icon I have on couple of discs, which feels great in hand and should provide great grip even when picking it up out of the snow. It does have a pretty hefty pop-top/heartbeat to it, based on my previous experience with Legacy discs of that kind, expecting extra glide and additional understability.

Pursuit also feels nice in the hand, especially trying the forehand grip which I do struggle with on putters and mids a bit. On the Pursuit, low profile, flat top and the rim profile that differs from the Ghost (no bead either) all seem to work in favor of the FH grip. Remains to be seen if it's as beefy as I've been reading. Legend plastic feels softer than on a Legend Clutch of pretty much identical color, Pursuit having much more give in it, can't do any bending on the Clutch, Pursuit flexes with pretty minimal application of force.

Icon Recon seems of the softer Icon type, flat (near concave) top, so that should mean less glide and more beefjerky at the end.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-10-2019, 04:17 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 18
Niced 174 Times in 93 Posts

Thoughts on the recipe for a good cannon? Plastics,weights, dome ?
Old 01-12-2019, 04:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 59
Niced 124 Times in 69 Posts
Thumbs up

I've been happily surprised by my icon pursuit over the last few weeks. It's a mini firebird that I use for utility trick shots and very reliable flick approaches up to 200' or so. Highly recommended
Old 01-12-2019, 10:43 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 66
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ontheline View Post
I've been happily surprised by my icon pursuit over the last few weeks. It's a mini firebird that I use for utility trick shots and very reliable flick approaches up to 200' or so. Highly recommended

I got a purty legend pursuit for christmas and I am loving it.

Old 01-12-2019, 10:50 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 639 Times in 362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensjef View Post
Thoughts on the recipe for a good cannon? Plastics,weights, dome ?
How far do you throw? FH/BH dominant? Honest relative skill level? Any specific flight pattern you're looking for?

They vary a fair amount which after years of playing I've grown to love (specific blends, domes, and weights fly the same as other discs of the same blend etc). I used to be "any weight or plastic X should fly exactly like X" but it's nice to have variations so you don't need to beat discs in as much. I don't get to play nearly as much as I did 10 years ago...

Old 01-13-2019, 04:06 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 18
Niced 174 Times in 93 Posts

400-420 on flex line with a crank. LHBH no real plans for flicking it. Dgcr app rates my last 20 rounds to avg. 968. Take that for what little it's worth. Looking for less stable Bomber with glide. I know my outlaws def vary. I am currently using 4 . 350-400 with outlaws

Old 01-26-2019, 05:30 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 41
Niced 639 Times in 362 Posts

^PM'd.

Anyone every come across STUPIDLY firm Icon? I've held tons of hard plastic over the years (Icon Ghosts included) but this Icon Clutch I got today can't even be close to PDGA legal. More firm than old Medium Wizards. Not that I care about the legality, just curious how much of a fluke this is. Tons of flashing and high PLH as well...white FWIW.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 85
Niced 233 Times in 117 Posts

I had an icon prowler a couple years ago that was like that. Like a dinner plate. And my main icon Patriot is also very firm, not quite as extreme though. Also maybe 4 years old.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 59
Niced 124 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
^PM'd.

Anyone every come across STUPIDLY firm Icon? I've held tons of hard plastic over the years (Icon Ghosts included) but this Icon Clutch I got today can't even be close to PDGA legal. More firm than old Medium Wizards. Not that I care about the legality, just curious how much of a fluke this is. Tons of flashing and high PLH as well...white FWIW.
Most of my Icon is in Outlaws and I wouldn't call any of them as firm as your average star run. I do have a blue icon production patriot from about 5 years ago that's very stiff and durable.