Old 11-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 46 Times in 29 Posts

There are no RPM discs listed on the PDGA chart?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2016, 03:12 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyboy View Post
There are no RPM discs listed on the PDGA chart?
From: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...d.php?t=121949

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
So I'll just document here what I learned so that if someone comes across this thread in a search, it's complete:

I spoke to the PDGA technical committee as well as RPM discs, and there seemed to be a misunderstanding. RPM used to be called "Disc Golf Aoeteora" (as Andy noted) and the Piwakawaka used to be called the "Arcturus". The Arcturus is PDGA approved, however the gentleman from the PDGA noted that a name change required a mold re-certification unless the new name still contains the old name. RPM didn't know this, and so in fact the Piwakawaka is not PDGA legal at this time, even though they believed it to be so, along with their other discs.

Hopefully, they'll act quickly to remedy this, however the person I spoke to from RPM (via their facebook page) was very non-committal about that and became unresponsive once I think the PDGA had gotten in touch with them about the matter (which the PDGA rep mentioned during our conversation he intended to do). Until that point, I think the person I was speaking to from RPM didn't believe me when I told them about the need to recertify, and then it hit them.

It's interesting to me because RPM are actively sponsoring players who are playing in (and recently winning, according to their facebook page) PDGA sanctioned events in New Zealand / Australia. Presumably, while throwing their not PDGA certified discs. I'm not sure if that would potentially have consequences... and if it potentially could, who would force the issue. But I think it explains why they won't respond to my questions about if and when they plan to PDGA certify the discs under their new names.

/thread
Old 11-09-2016, 03:42 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 226 Times in 120 Posts

I have a Kahu from RPM. I love the (Atomic) plastic on this disc and it is working well as a FH bomber driver on a big, wide-open hyzer line. I'm hoping that once it beats in a bit, I can use it for some tighter lines as well. It's probably too much disc for my BH game so I haven't tried it that way. I wish I had it handy to post a picture but it is a really cool-looking, swirly green plastic.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 48
Niced 758 Times in 522 Posts

These just showed up on Marshall Street's site.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:06 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 931 Times in 615 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by etdefender19 View Post
I have a Kahu from RPM. I love the (Atomic) plastic on this disc and it is working well as a FH bomber driver on a big, wide-open hyzer line. I'm hoping that once it beats in a bit, I can use it for some tighter lines as well. It's probably too much disc for my BH game so I haven't tried it that way. I wish I had it handy to post a picture but it is a really cool-looking, swirly green plastic.
This is a terrible necrobumb, but I have a MST gift card I’m about to use and since I like the Piwakawaka so much I’m thinking about throwing a Kahu or Kahu OS on the order.

Did you still like it later/ think it’s worth trying?

Niced: (2)

Old 12-26-2018, 06:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 29
Niced 226 Times in 120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
This is a terrible necrobumb, but I have a MST gift card I’m about to use and since I like the Piwakawaka so much I’m thinking about throwing a Kahu or Kahu OS on the order.

Did you still like it later/ think it’s worth trying?
I really liked it as a FH disc when I still threw primarily FH. I don't remember ever giving it a full try BH. If I still have it, it's been a very long time since I threw it

I think it would be worth a try...

Niced: (1)