Old 10-12-2014, 02:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 24 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedavenger View Post
BUT.... thats the point! I also first thought that this is like 100 times more disc than I can handle (and it actually is) but not for the shots I am using it for. It goes a crazy long way to the side where a steep curve is needed (backhand or forehand) and can tolarate and even fade out of mad anhyzer angles for some truly exaggerated s-curve lines. And the skip is magic.

I dunno, but this is one disc in my bag that has the most of those magical "wow never thought I could pull THAT off" moments
Hmmm interesting... The only real use I found for that stupidly OS Firebird was overhand shots, which I rarely ever throw. Other than that, the FB didn't go any further than my Drone and didn't fly half as well so I decided to get rid of it.

I wanted to say something regarding the talk here about MVP discs lacking glide... well, I can at least say their putters don't glide. I throw an Ion and my brother throws an Anode and those things just fall out of the sky as soon as they slow down. My 173g Soft Proton Ion stays aloft noticeably longer than my Neutron, but I chalk that up to plastic and weight. My experience with Neutron discs is that they just fall out of the air.

Everyone talks about the glide of MVP putters... they don't glide. At least not the Neutron ones.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2014, 02:15 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 9
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3NDER View Post
Disc.

Also, the tern. f#@k that disc.
I love mine, I found the key is to throw it low.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:16 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Adding a few more.

Summit
Ion
Buzz
Drone
Nuke
Nuke SS
Old 10-12-2014, 02:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrilah Fish View Post
Adding a few more.

Summit
Ion
Buzz
Drone
Nuke
Nuke SS
What didn't you like about the Buzzz or Drone?

Old reliable.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes, I know this would come up.

It's not that I didn't like them, it's just that I prefer The Atlas. It doesn't flip as easily, but still does when I want it do, and it parks, it doesn't skip at all.

The Drone, was good, and probably something I might pull out on a windy day, but overall I like the Hornet better, the only difference is the Hornet is a 5504 where the Drone is a 5404
Old 10-12-2014, 02:46 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 924 Times in 611 Posts

I like the Drone also, but it's too deep for a clean FH release consistently. The Trident is what I hoped the Drone would be. I like them both though, just not enough to bag both.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrilah Fish View Post
Yes, I know this would come up.

It's not that I didn't like them, it's just that I prefer The Atlas. It doesn't flip as easily, but still does when I want it do, and it parks, it doesn't skip at all.

The Drone, was good, and probably something I might pull out on a windy day, but overall I like the Hornet better, the only difference is the Hornet is a 5504 where the Drone is a 5404
Right on. I have been curious about the Atlas since its release. Supposed to fly straight and true and be a great all-around mid. I had the same problem with my Buzzz where I kept turning it so I took it out in favor of the Roc3 and I am never looking back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
I like the Drone also, but it's too deep for a clean FH release consistently. The Trident is what I hoped the Drone would be. I like them both though, just not enough to bag both.
I have always felt that the Drone's rim is too beefy. I guess it fits the beefiness of the disc, but the rim is quite thick and deep which can be uncomfortable. I've also been curious to try a Trident in comparison as I've heard good things about it. I do love my FLX Drone, though, it's some thick cut meat.

Last edited by Nasty Nate; 10-12-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:09 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 7 Times in 5 Posts

Truth - loved the feel. Wanted it to fly like my good c-md2s or a glider z Buzzz. Really struggled controlling it. Working on beating up a verdict instead.
2014 ace race disc - too fast for me to finesse, to understable for me to crank.
Recycled Pure - dislike the dome, the turn, and the grip. Sticking with zero Pures.
FD2 - shorter and more fade for my form/power tha a good 2nd run c-line FD. I'll use it on windy days. Maybe try it again if they do a p or g line release.
F2 - like a TeeBird or c-fd better. Shame though, that 400 plastic is the bees' knees.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 32
Niced 450 Times in 275 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVapor View Post
Buzzz OS - Too OS! Still prefer my Wasp.
Tern - My Beasts are easier to control.
Force - Too OS! Prefer my Destroyers.
Predator - Does not compare to Firebirds. Too fast and not as controllable.
I'm going to add the Comet to my list. Amazing disc. I feel that it is a little too "touchy" to stay in my bag. I have been having to hard of a time keeping it on a straight line. Wants flip on me too much.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nate View Post
Right on. I have been curious about the Atlas since its release. Supposed to fly straight and true and be a great all-around mid. I had the same problem with my Buzzz where I kept turning it so I took it out in favor of the Roc3 and I am never looking back.
Ya, the Atlas is pretty sweet, now I haven't put in much time with a Buzz, or any Roc/Roc3

As hard as I try not to, Somedays I like my Atlas even more than my Truth. But I won't ever admit that out loud. Truth is amazing. I use it on most Tee shots under 350'