Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 86 Times in 72 Posts
Default DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
I bought a Glo Z & had the same opinion. I think I reviewed as an 8/5/0/2. Something like that. Not near as OS as my FD3's. It's a good disc but just not going to replace anything I already use. Sounds more like a Discraft Teebird3 rather than a Firebird competitor.
It’s a good disc but won’t replace my Firebird:thunderbird combo or my Eagle L or X. It has a nice feel but I wouldn’t trust it in the wind or side arm. I feel like they missed their intended mark by a lot
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2019, 12:48 AM

Years Playing: 4.2
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Mine is pretty overstable, I would give it the factory flight ratings. 172g, pink, and flat. I like the longer zone comparison. It fights out of anhyzers and forehand flexes pretty quickly, much faster than my max weight big z vulture. I'd say it is slightly more overstable than my worn esp predator, but only a touch. It actually has a very similar flight. It flies straight for a long time with strong low speed stability. I love it forehand and backhand, but I haven't figured it out on overhands... Which is what I bought it for. Go figure.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-29-2019, 07:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 84
Niced 1,340 Times in 581 Posts

I have the Ulibarri ESP and Z version of this. The ESP seems more along the 0/3 flight than the Z - I think. The Z is definitely closer to 0/2 IMHO. Haven't done enough field work to really know. Either way, I feel like this is a really nice compliment to my Heat and Vulture combo.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-29-2019, 08:18 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 205 Times in 117 Posts

I have two 173-174 Z Raptors that for me are like slightly shorter Predator. Other than a freak FLX one I never found the Predator to be too overstable. They're always zero turn with a healthy fade and can fight the wind quite a bit. I'm looking for an L shaped flight and not C shaped flight.

I'm not sure if these are going to kick the Preds out of the bag just yet. I'm very comfortable with the Preds on backhand shots but the Raptor is so much more comfortable in my hand for forehand and overhand shots. I was working on throwing some thumbers with both the the Raptor and Predator last night and I was having a much greater success with the Raptor. I can't think of anything that feels more unnatural than a Predator in a thumber grip.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:31 AM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

has anyone here thrown First Run Z Raptors and ESP/Z Ulibarri Raptors and can compare them?

they are available in Z First Run here in Sweden, but if they aren't flying like the signature series/production runs I'm thinking I'll wait.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 84
Niced 1,340 Times in 581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztraz View Post
has anyone here thrown First Run Z Raptors and ESP/Z Ulibarri Raptors and can compare them?

they are available in Z First Run here in Sweden, but if they aren't flying like the signature series/production runs I'm thinking I'll wait.
Whats really sad is I have those two discs in my bag right now - for the last 2 weeks and have only had about 2 rounds thus far so I cannot say conclusively. As a result I'll be watching for an answer myself.

I think they are roughy the same. The ESP seems slightly more OS than the Z - but not much. Again, I can't really say conclusvely. I'm interested to hear what others have to say.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:47 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 22.3
Courses Played: 29
Niced 22 Times in 14 Posts

I felt that my Z was more OS than the ESP but I also have a few more rounds with the ESP

Niced: (1)
Old 04-08-2019, 11:14 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 26
Niced 86 Times in 72 Posts

Anyone get a beefy one? Like the flight numbers? Mine flew like a Teebird3 very straight with a little fade at the end. Loved how it felt in the hand. Mine was a 169 ...I ordered a 175 to see if that will make it more of a 3 fade and not a 1
Old 04-09-2019, 11:30 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 85
Niced 232 Times in 116 Posts

I finally got a chance to feel a few of these in a shop. They feel exactly like super awesome flat firebirds in the hand. Blindfolded I probably couldn't tell a difference. Pearly grippy Z plastic. Would be really disappointing if these are straight flyers.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:40 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 201 Times in 133 Posts

I really want to try one, but it still seems the jury is out on these. Between my tracker and machete I don’t know if I would really need this Disc.