Old 11-04-2015, 03:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 532 Times in 393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reniger View Post
Solid entry from DD.

First off, let me start by saying that I am not a Trilogy fan. All three companies seem to produce discs WILDLY more understable than their flight ratings indicate. Through the years, I have owned dozens of their discs and have almost always been disappointed.

However, after falling in love with my domey Elasto Sampo, I started looking back in the Trillo direction. At the recommendation of my local shop owner, I picked up a slightly domey Red Metalflake 175g Lucid Trespass. For the first time, I found a Trilogy disc that I really clicked with.

While it's still more understable than the flight numbers indicate (I would say it's more of a -1.5 turn instead of the listed -.5) it still flies wonderfully. Imagine a flippy Destroyer with an amped up glide! I carried Destros for years and had a Pro that would turn beautifully for 10-15 degrees before fading back. This Lucid Trespass reminds me of those same fond memories, but carries a bit further.

My first round was a windy fall afternoon and I figured, knowing Trilogy plastic, this disc would be a waste, but, figured, "Might as well try." The perfect hole was hole 7. Wooded 400' shot which has to turn right at ~100', carry through an open field, then fade back into a guarded basket. I ripped the Trespass flat, knowing the wind would turn it over for me. It turned right through the small gap into the field, but, still being in the woods unable to see, I thought the wind must have flipped it over and sent it far right. Finally, after waiting 3-4 seconds longer than I expected it to land, I watched it fade back into the basket and land 10' out. Even in a strong headwind, she still fought back.

I was impressed. Threw it for the rest of the round for distance. Several impressive shots that I would usually only trust a Destroyer, Nuke, or Prodigy D2 for.

Took it out on a calmer day for even better results. Not nearly as much turn, still amazing glide, and it ALWAYS came back for me. Hyzerflipped, it will fly dead straight for about 340-350' before starting to fade and landing about 400' for me with a penatrating forward fade. Anhyzer will let this disc flex for great shaping lines and still flatten out and end left. The most incredible thing for me though was the Spikes! Thrown high on an extreme hyzer, this disc SOOOARS! Very predictable to distance and sticks beautifully where it lands.

All in all, I am really enjoying the Trespass. The added glide gives me approximately the same distance I see out of my D2s and Destroyers, but with a little less effort.

Completely agree...

I picked one up because I was playing a glow tourney and needed a straighter driver.
found a moonshine trespass 172g , figured, why not.

This disc is perfect. The flight rating I would give it would be 11/5/-1/2 or something like that.

Its not as wide rimmed as a destroyer, its more around the width of a Krait/Wraith. But a little pointier so i guess i see it being a speed 12.
But its way easier to grip than a katana or destroyer, flight path is pretty true and easily controlled straight distance.
It's comfortable, nice little turn, overall straight flight with a little positive in the LSS.

Overall I was happy. and I cant wait to use it more
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2015, 07:33 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts

Just wanted to say that the Trespass has to be the most consistent distance driver I've ever thrown, what comes to the way it molds up. This comes with an experience of ~15 Trespasses.

There is a slight difference between plastics, but within one plastic I feel I can find a replacement for a lost one without any problems. It's also quite easy to recommend this disc to someone else as that person is likely to get something close to your description. No angry calls after a total letdown.

After seeing the variations we've had with Destros, Bosses, Kings, Worlds, etc. the Trespass is really a pleasant surprise. I don't know how they do it or if there is something in the profile that keeps it more consistent, but it just works.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 34 Times in 24 Posts

Really liking this disc, it bombs. I had my longest control shot at a local pop up course. 500~ par 4 we set and I just crushed my lucid Trespass as hard as I could and it was 7 feet from the basket. Makes me want to find some OS version of the disc.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 34
Niced 344 Times in 216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzteC View Post
Really liking this disc, it bombs. I had my longest control shot at a local pop up course. 500~ par 4 we set and I just crushed my lucid Trespass as hard as I could and it was 7 feet from the basket. Makes me want to find some OS version of the disc.
Curious, why?

Have you tried the enforcer?
Old 11-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Smelling the Shame

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 82 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
Curious, why?

Have you tried the enforcer?
A little off topic, but how much more Stability is involved going to the Enforcer over the Trespass? In the past couple months, I was using my Trespasses (from 163gm Bio to a 174gm Lucid) as mostly headwind drivers because I was in a 320-350ft Max power slot. I have improved my form immensely and can now hit 400ft every so often, BUT, that makes my Trespasses not so reliable in the wind. I am even getting a light turn with them in no wind. I am wondering if the Enforcer is still going to be to stable for my power to compliment my Trespasses....?
Old 11-09-2015, 03:46 PM
* Ace Member *

In the same wheelhouse. Which plastic/weight of Trespass is more OS? Not wanting Pulse/Enforcer overstable, but I want to avoid a overly flippy trespass.

I have a 171g Moonshine and its pretty solid.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 34
Niced 344 Times in 216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNichols View Post
A little off topic, but how much more Stability is involved going to the Enforcer over the Trespass? In the past couple months, I was using my Trespasses (from 163gm Bio to a 174gm Lucid) as mostly headwind drivers because I was in a 320-350ft Max power slot. I have improved my form immensely and can now hit 400ft every so often, BUT, that makes my Trespasses not so reliable in the wind. I am even getting a light turn with them in no wind. I am wondering if the Enforcer is still going to be to stable for my power to compliment my Trespasses....?
You won't get any wiggle out of the Enforcer. It's over stable for sure. You can really lay into it and expect an over stable flight every time. No wind to worry about. More os than any destroyer or outlaw. For me at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
In the same wheelhouse. Which plastic/weight of Trespass is more OS? Not wanting Pulse/Enforcer overstable, but I want to avoid a overly flippy trespass.

Dyemax are typically more OS. But like mentioned earlier, these are pretty consistent.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 16 Times in 15 Posts

moonshine is pretty beefy.
so are bio for me
Old 11-10-2015, 02:48 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post

My one Moonshine was identical to the Lucids. The Fuzion has been traditionally a bit more OS, but not by much. Bio starts quite similar, but beats in a bit faster. I have one Dyemax and that is indeed my most OS, but it is Fuzion and it is heaviest one I have so those factors might explain it more than the Dyemax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
You won't get any wiggle out of the Enforcer. It's over stable for sure. You can really lay into it and expect an over stable flight every time. No wind to worry about. More os than any destroyer or outlaw. For me at least.
I would say that Enforcer is definitely more OS than Trespass and wont mind moderate winds. However, it is not quite the meathook that some of the pop top destroyers are. Especially the Bio beats into quite usable, straight with fade driver quite fast.

Old 11-11-2015, 05:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaques View Post
My one Moonshine was identical to the Lucids. The Fuzion has been traditionally a bit more OS, but not by much. Bio starts quite similar, but beats in a bit faster. I have one Dyemax and that is indeed my most OS, but it is Fuzion and it is heaviest one I have so those factors might explain it more than the Dyemax.

I would say that Enforcer is definitely more OS than Trespass and wont mind moderate winds. However, it is not quite the meathook that some of the pop top destroyers are. Especially the Bio beats into quite usable, straight with fade driver quite fast.
Sounds like a good combo, Lucid Trespass 172g Fuzion Enforcer 173g ideally at least for me.
for now im keeping whats in my bag, because the Pulse is a good OS driver thats not crazy OS, same for my Stiletto thats kinda beat in