Old 10-10-2013, 03:33 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 17 Times in 13 Posts

I am not going to lie my interest in millennium has increased since Brinster won the usdgc. From my sig you can see I am lacking a 9 speed "go to" driver. I don't know anything about the run numbers or plastic type but after reading various threads on millennium and still ending up confused I figured this would be the place to start. Any recommendations for the 9 speed millennium stuff? what plastic to throw? good pairings? general thoughts? I am looking for a workhorse driver that I could use on anything from 300-400ft. Any and all help is much appreciated thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2013, 04:06 AM
Big Country

Years Playing: 28.2
Courses Played: 52
Niced 184 Times in 104 Posts

OLF all day my friend.

It is my main driver. I only use the Tern when I need mega-distance and have room to work. Any other distance line I'm blasting an OLF. Without going too much into the runs, here's what I have and what you should go off of:

QOLF: starts off the most OS of the Orion's, and stays that way for a long time. Even in lighter weights, it will be clearly OS.
SOLF: starts off less OS than the OLF, and beats in quickly. Once beat in, it holds that sweet spot seemingly forever. Still overstable, but able to shape big lines thanks to it's natural turn. Think of a baby Wraith or Destroyer
Standard OLF: starts out almost as OS as the QOLF, if not matching it, but beats in really quick. I've done some sick roller shots with a beat-up OLF I borrowed from a friend.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
OLF all day my friend.

It is my main driver. I only use the Tern when I need mega-distance and have room to work. Any other distance line I'm blasting an OLF. Without going too much into the runs, here's what I have and what you should go off of:

QOLF: starts off the most OS of the Orion's, and stays that way for a long time. Even in lighter weights, it will be clearly OS.
SOLF: starts off less OS than the OLF, and beats in quickly. Once beat in, it holds that sweet spot seemingly forever. Still overstable, but able to shape big lines thanks to it's natural turn. Think of a baby Wraith or Destroyer
Standard OLF: starts out almost as OS as the QOLF, if not matching it, but beats in really quick. I've done some sick roller shots with a beat-up OLF I borrowed from a friend.
I will add that IMHO the standard/base millennium OLF (or commonly MOLF)varies in stability with the weight spectrum. 160 MOLFs are very flippy. 165's start out like beat SOLFs, 170's are similar to OLFs, and those 175s are like the QOLFs in overstability.

I don't know if/how this varies between run numbers. Most of mine came from the same batch, don't recollect which one it is.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 16
Niced 154 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendryxdisc View Post
I am not going to lie my interest in millennium has increased since Brinster won the usdgc. From my sig you can see I am lacking a 9 speed "go to" driver. I don't know anything about the run numbers or plastic type but after reading various threads on millennium and still ending up confused I figured this would be the place to start. Any recommendations for the 9 speed millennium stuff? what plastic to throw? good pairings? general thoughts? I am looking for a workhorse driver that I could use on anything from 300-400ft. Any and all help is much appreciated thanks!
i throw a lighter 1.1 SOLF (will probably be trying the newer runs soon) and that gets me 360-400 pretty reliably, always comes back in the wind. soon i will pair up a heavier new run vs my SPD and Slaidi and see how they compare. so far the SOLF seems like it'll be better.

i pair that up with a QOLS that i just bought (also 1.1) and holy crap. the QOLS is my preferred driver for distance right now, pretty much a faster patriot for me. not sure why more people don't like it. will hyzerflip bomb big time and is the first non "super high speed" driver i can honestly say i trust to hit 400 without trying to throw my arm off. my patriot will do the same but not as fast, not as reliable. i feel the QOLS could probably replace a patriot on some fairways, too.

Last edited by Kodachrome; 10-10-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

1.1 QOLF zippers are where it's at. Magically delicious.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 33
Niced 17 Times in 13 Posts

Dang now it looks like I MUST try some of these OLFs . An OLF in each of the 3 plastics should (with some wear/break in time) cover the majority of my distance shots correct? How many of each type of OLF do you carry?
Old 10-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 58
Niced 8 Times in 6 Posts

The OLF is a bad mamma jamma. Great control driver and the different plastics give a wide variety of stabilities for everyone.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kinda sounds like a Champ Viking, any comparison?
Old 10-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Local store had 3 1.2 QOLFS and a couple 1.1 MOLFS. Had to snap them up at 9 a piece. Got to say I'm loving them so far much more than I did the PD. Plus there's no plus rim crap going on.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 122
Niced 514 Times in 318 Posts

Were those by chance milky white solf stamped qolfs? I see them there for 8-10$ new and actually stocked up on them when I threw OLFs. They fly like a seasoned Pred, they have a very high plh and fly OS for a 1.2 QOLF.