Old 08-12-2013, 02:07 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Ensor View Post
As cliche as it is, the Force is a longer Teebird. The difference from the typical cliche would be that it's actually true. In premium plastics out of the box, they're not going to flip (even into a pretty serious headwind) and have a mildly strong fade. In basic plastic, they start out very straight with a slight fade; the fade beats out, then they start flipping.

Disclaimer: I do not throw teebirds.
You joking because your comments seem to be pretty far from reality?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2013, 02:13 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 22
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Teebird probably is the greatest mold ever made but comparing it to a speed 12 overstable driver is out there.

The Force is a Destroyer/Rampage type disc. The Z Force is overstable and will have a little to no turn and a very hard fade. It's just up against the destroyer which is a very, very popular mold so doesn't get the praise but it is basically a destroyer.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:23 AM
Sophomore

Courses Played: 62
Niced 99 Times in 70 Posts

I call the Nuke the DC destroyer/rampage. Force seems more like a Max or something.

Comparing it to TB based on seeing people throw tbs and maybe 20 throws with a TB myself. The TB I threw had absolutely no turn, and a moderate fade. Also based on flight ratings, TB is 0, 2 or something, right?
Old 08-12-2013, 02:25 AM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 58
Niced 8 Times in 6 Posts

I have 5 Destroyers in C,S and P. and 1 Force in D. The D Force is more Overstable then all the Destroyers. Force is like a 0,4 while the Destroyer is a 1,3. In my experience at least the Force is more PD2.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:26 AM
Sophomore

Courses Played: 62
Niced 99 Times in 70 Posts

I should have listened when my head told me "bad idea. nothing is a "longer teebird"" but my heart feels about forces what you guys feel about teebirds. It's the best disc ever. Doesn't matter what the conditions are, I can pull out a Force and put it down the fairway.

Last edited by Dan Ensor; 08-12-2013 at 02:30 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 31
Niced 207 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Ensor View Post
I should have listened when my head told me "bad idea. nothing is a "longer teebird"" but my heart feels about forces what you guys feel about teebirds. It's the best disc ever. Doesn't matter what the conditions are, I can pull out a Force and put it down the fairway.
don't worry about it, i (we) get what you're saying. the force is like a nice OS cal teebird, whereas the destroyer is more eagle-ish with the turn and fade.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have 3 forces in the bag. a ti force for super stable stuff, a 171 beat esp force which is my go to, and a light 167 z that bombs in tail winds and flips to flat with ease.

Personally the only reason i use these over destroyers is because they feel better in my hand.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
That's b/c Star Destroyers are better . Seriously though they aren't just all the sudden growing in popularity, they became popular very quickly after they mold came out in 2007.
You misunderstand me. I realize the star destroyer has always been very popular, but so was the z force. Nowadays the force love is ever dwindling, and the destroyer love is ever growing even though both molds are equally excellent IMO.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 96
Niced 40 Times in 32 Posts

I acquired a stack of used ESP Forces, including a handful of First Runs, so I've been cycling them for a while. I usually carry 2-3 ESP from fresh (will stand up from a hyzer and still finish left) to beat (flip up, pan right, finish right) and a beefy Z for hard hyzers and stupid headwinds.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 9
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nate Doss cycles Z Forces.

I like the disc a lot, but the Rampage does the same job and seems to fly a heck of a lot faster to me. I can go out of a field and throw hundreds of drives (I do this a lot) and the Rampage will out-distance the Force every single time. Mine are the overstable flat Z Forces though. I had an ESP with a slight dome that was a little faster/less H&LSS, but it became very understable after a few collisions with trees and rocks.

It used to be my favourite overstable driver though...