Old 04-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 19 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AByrd View Post
No noise from the bottom shelf at all. I'm probably going to invest in some rubber tool box liners for each of the shelves to keep the wear and noise down.

The only noise I heard was from the 3/4" seat pole moving in the 1" flag pole bracket. I'm thinking about finding a plastic bushing to make it fit better.
Just a thought, rubber or silicon bushings might work out better for noise reduction. Also if you put an ice chest on the bottom, think about the soft-sided coolers with the flip-top opening so you dont have to unzip it each time also they will make less noise than the hard plastic coolers
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 151
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Nice build! Want to see some loaded pr0n.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 57
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Finally got to the course for a test ride with it this morning. Was just a casual round, and the weather was overcast and mild, so I didn't use a cooler.

Made a couple of changes to the bag shelf. Added heavier bungees to ensure that I had a secure load, and placed a tool box drawer liner to keep bottom of bag from wearing against the wire. I am also planning on putting liner on bottom shelf, but have to decide how I'm going to attach...have some ideas, but not sure yet.

Overall, very satisfied with this setup.

Pros:
1. Seat worked better than expected...the height was just right. While not solid as a rock, there was very little wobble.
2. Having the bag at waist level was nice...no bending over to pick up and set down....except for picking up discs.
3. The accessory basket behind the bag basket worked well for my minis and talc bags.

Cons:
1. While the seat worked well, it does need a little tweaking to make it more steady. Maybe the bushing I mentioned in the prior post will make it more steady.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 15
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Where did you get your umbrella mount? My cart has the same frame but different tires and I'm trying to figure out how to rig one up on my cart.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 13
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

That is great. Going to get one for myself. Thanks for the pictures
Old 07-13-2014, 10:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 152
Niced 11 Times in 6 Posts

Interested to hear your thoughts on the umbrella holder. I attached the same one to my cart which came from a similar stroller. I found that on course it bounces around uncontrollably. I never found a good way to connect it. Any ideas?
Old 07-15-2014, 08:02 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 25.8
Courses Played: 44
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Well done!

I really like what you have done with this cart. I bought a used jogging stroller similar in design to yours about six months ago and I was thinking of doing something with the seat just like you've done. I'm planning on using a different type of seat but the concept you've employed as far as the seat retracting is exactly what I'm going for. Thanks for sharing your creation.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 29
Niced 104 Times in 53 Posts

The cart looks good! How is the seat attached?
Old 07-19-2014, 07:53 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmc View Post
The cart looks good! How is the seat attached?
Go to the second photo in the original post. I used a metal flag pole holder...ran the seat pole through it...and used a pipe flange with a rubber bungee attached to allow the seat to lower when weight is applied.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:54 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscChucker View Post
I really like what you have done with this cart. I bought a used jogging stroller similar in design to yours about six months ago and I was thinking of doing something with the seat just like you've done. I'm planning on using a different type of seat but the concept you've employed as far as the seat retracting is exactly what I'm going for. Thanks for sharing your creation.
Keep me posted on the type of seat that you use....I open for improvements.