Old 01-31-2018, 01:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 672 Times in 391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
How close is the Stud to a DX Gator for putting both Discs when new?
Could be close, but I don't really know. I've only ever owned 1 DX Gator. I ordered it online and it had mega dome and was less stable than a DX Roc (so nothing at all like a premium plastic Gator even brand new). I'd say the DX Studs I have probably have more high speed stability than that DX Gator did. I never tried putting with either of them so I couldn't tell you how similar they are for putting.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2018, 01:35 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 21
Niced 121 Times in 62 Posts

I like Mvp putters and especially the Atom but the electron plastic is so grippy that it will cause you to miss right until you get used to it. I am considering trying their firm plastic or maybe even a medium Pure for a smoother release.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:47 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,295 Times in 1,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
Could be close, but I don't really know. I've only ever owned 1 DX Gator. I ordered it online and it had mega dome and was less stable than a DX Roc (so nothing at all like a premium plastic Gator even brand new). I'd say the DX Studs I have probably have more high speed stability than that DX Gator did. I never tried putting with either of them so I couldn't tell you how similar they are for putting.
Mega Dome? almost all of the Gators I have seen in DX are no or a low mini dome. Thanks, I thought the High speed might be more with the Stud as it has a higher profile and a slightly bigger bead then a Gator. I was just wondering how close they are as a disc. The Two DX Studs I got were ones with a low mini dome to flat on them, the way they show the disc online.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-31-2018, 06:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 29
Niced 347 Times in 214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketSand View Post
Reko if you just want to try something new. K3 is amazing baseline and the slight puddletop makes it feel a little thinner than the average Warlock.
this one is one ive been curious about for some while though i have never felt one up. ive always been curious of the profile and shape of the reko,as well as the stability. cany more info you can give on those things? im going to do some digging and see what i find. thanks for reminding me
Old 01-31-2018, 06:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 29
Niced 347 Times in 214 Posts

thanks to everyone else who has made suggestions, you guys have my gears turning so i will be trying out a few things to see what jives with my putting . keep em coming!

Old 01-31-2018, 08:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 40
Niced 186 Times in 124 Posts

If you like the Jokeri, you could check out the Sparta, also made by Prodiscus. Way less OS but resistant to turning also. Great disc, just not great enough to make me give up my Judges. I'm hanging on to it because I put a great dye job on it but I rarely use it, because well Judge.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:00 AM
Par Member

Niced 87 Times in 60 Posts

I'm a Wizard guy. I have two in SB(Special Blend) and they definitely feel more shallow and flatter than my other Wizards and I like ER, SS and SSS but the SB seems a little more flat and shallow than my other ones?? I wasn't sure if they are all like this or if this was just an inconsistency that Gateway is know for??
Old 01-31-2018, 01:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 727 Times in 384 Posts

Well, not all SB is the same

However, the SB's I have from a couple years back are.. yes ... flatter than most of my Wizards.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 92
Niced 2,153 Times in 1,035 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post

what im looking for is a putter that is a little more shallow than the pd, beadless or microbead at the most. straight stable to mildly os is ok and something that is soft ,not omega ss soft but not anything i cant dig my thumb into.
warlock, voodoo or shield is what I'd recommend. even though you mentioned you didn't dig trilogy putters, I think the shield is the best of the beadless bunch.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:00 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,383 Times in 1,733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
this one is one ive been curious about for some while though i have never felt one up. ive always been curious of the profile and shape of the reko,as well as the stability. cany more info you can give on those things? im going to do some digging and see what i find. thanks for reminding me
Best way I can describe this is that my Reko reminds me greatly of a Prodigy Pa4, but with a more rounded and more comfortable outer rim.