Old 03-11-2014, 07:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 156 Times in 107 Posts

i know this is the "OLF" thread but i just wanna put some love out there for the 2 QOLS i purchased as well. it goes almost as far as my distance drivers did. it's great for standstill driving, uphill drives, good for hyzerflips and distance lines as long as you give it enough height. it locks onto a line and holds it when powered down. not much fade to speak of. not very forgiving, so if you don't hit the line, well . . . too bad. there's not enough LSS to bring you back on line and not enough HST to help flip up to flat if you put too steep of a hyzer on it. that is the only reason i would not throw it for pure distance, but even so it still crushes a looooong way without much lateral movement. it's a unique characteristic that i have not really seen in other drivers and really lets you get on it for some good straight-line D.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2014, 12:20 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 32
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

My OLFs made it back into my bag and I couldn't be happier. I was just powering down a wraith to fill it's role but I decided to give them a spot in my bag again. I ended up shooting my best round at Blackhawk, Tulsa's toughest course. They are soooo controllable, great for tightly wooded holes.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
Yeah I really like the 1.3 run I just wish it had more color variety. The blue 1.3s are really nice. Got some pearly 1.2s that are holding me over until better QOLF colors come out
i noticed on DGR you said the rival had replaced your OLFs. did they replace your QOLFs? 'cuz for me the QOLF goes a very long way, handles a headwind well too. i haven't gotten out to a field yet, but i'm guessing that i'm putting these out to about 400'. i was thinking of picking up a couple rivals/patriots and just keeping my OLFs as my controlled distance driver, but if the rival replaced your OLFs that, to me, is quite curious.

care to elaborate? you said you were bagging icons; i got to throw an icon recently and i loved it. how do they act for you in comparison to the SOLF/QOLF?
Old 03-13-2014, 11:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 28
Niced 231 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
i noticed on DGR you said the rival had replaced your OLFs. did they replace your QOLFs? 'cuz for me the QOLF goes a very long way, handles a headwind well too. i haven't gotten out to a field yet, but i'm guessing that i'm putting these out to about 400'. i was thinking of picking up a couple rivals/patriots and just keeping my OLFs as my controlled distance driver, but if the rival replaced your OLFs that, to me, is quite curious.

care to elaborate? you said you were bagging icons; i got to throw an icon recently and i loved it. how do they act for you in comparison to the SOLF/QOLF?
The short and sweet answer...

QOLF is back in the bag. Rival is out. The QOLF is considerably longer and easier to range when necessary.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
The short and sweet answer...

QOLF is back in the bag. Rival is out. The QOLF is considerably longer and easier to range when necessary.

there you have it.

my search for the fairway combo continues . . . or do i just use the QOLF for short fairway teebirdish-type duties too? who knows.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 36 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
my search for the fairway combo continues . . . or do i just use the QOLF for short fairway teebirdish-type duties too? who knows.
I keep thinking about this same thing myself. My 1.2 and 1.3 QOLFs hold exactly the same lines as my Teebirds, but I just love my Teebirds too much to give them up. I can definitely hit lower lines with more distance with the OLF, but I don't know that the overall distance is all that different. The jump from Scorpius/Destro to Teebird just seems too large not to have something in between.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by clard View Post
I keep thinking about this same thing myself. My 1.2 and 1.3 QOLFs hold exactly the same lines as my Teebirds, but I just love my Teebirds too much to give them up. I can definitely hit lower lines with more distance with the OLF, but I don't know that the overall distance is all that different. The jump from Scorpius/Destro to Teebird just seems too large not to have something in between.
yeah, i had been priding myself on keeping my molds down and now that's just gone out the window big-time, haha. i'm pretty sure i could get by with QOLFs, SOLFs, MOLFs and a patriot/banshee combo. the problem is that eventually i'm gonna get greedy and want to put destroyer/pd2 back in the bag. the QOLF goes far enough where i think i'd rather throw something speed 13 instead though.

it definitely has introduced a bag quandary i've never had before.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 7 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
yeah, i had been priding myself on keeping my molds down and now that's just gone out the window big-time, haha. i'm pretty sure i could get by with QOLFs, SOLFs, MOLFs and a patriot/banshee combo. the problem is that eventually i'm gonna get greedy and want to put destroyer/pd2 back in the bag. the QOLF goes far enough where i think i'd rather throw something speed 13 instead though.

it definitely has introduced a bag quandary i've never had before.
I added a Teebird back into my bag specifically when i'm playing 285-315ft holes on windy days or low ceilings. Much easier to power down a Teebird than an OLF.

But on calm days I do not rely on the teebird so much because I prefer to use fast mid-range. The truth and hornets get me to 300 as long as i have some head room.

So maybe your drivers are fine, it's your mids that may need a shake up.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
I added a Teebird back into my bag specifically when i'm playing 285-315ft holes on windy days or low ceilings. Much easier to power down a Teebird than an OLF.

But on calm days I do not rely on the teebird so much because I prefer to use fast mid-range. The truth and hornets get me to 300 as long as i have some head room.

So maybe your drivers are fine, it's your mids that may need a shake up.
oh, the mids are shaken up right now too, haha. the midari is a great workhorse mid but i'm never going to use their base plastic. i think the ghost/comet will pair nicely to cover OS to US and that's another thing i'm working on figuring out right now. . .

Old 03-13-2014, 01:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 28
Niced 231 Times in 113 Posts

QJLS/QOLF/Scorpius in various stages of wear will cover all the lines I need