Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

Old 11-09-2018, 11:33 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 85 Times in 23 Posts

oops
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2018, 09:35 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 34
Niced 59 Times in 22 Posts

Lost a Wave and Slaidi recently at Woodmere. Left the Wave on hole 18 after throwing several to end the round on my lunch break.

Next day threw the Slaidi into 16s woods on my lunch. Only valley of woods is 15 feet behind but it mysteriously disappeared. Had some steam on it so coulda went deep. Also had to **** before stepping on the pad but thought I could finish the round. So search time was cut short.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:03 PM
Still a puppy

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 245 Times in 160 Posts

Anyone playing valley view in new berlin wi, i got a pink explorer stuck at the deadass top of a pine tree near hole one, if anyone sees it come down, please call the number on the back.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 30
Niced 653 Times in 323 Posts

Attended the grand opening of Hazy Shade DGC at Snyder Park Saturday. Threw three in the drink (Plaz Volt, McGlow Roc3, Star RR), only one of which I got back. That course is a disc eater. Pro Tip: Hole 1 usually has a headwind you can't detect from the tee. Throw something that will finish further left than you think you need it to.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:28 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 64 Times in 43 Posts

At Glenn Hilton in NC Today found a really cool looking Aviar on hole 1 and a Leopard on hole 23. Please contact me here tell me the color and or something about it to get them back. Thanks
Old 03-03-2019, 10:46 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 38.1
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 178 Times in 85 Posts

i have to give a shout out to the fellows in the Duck River Disc Golf club. i've lost only 2 discs in the last 5 yrs or so and their members got them both back to me. one was a new Star Boss and the other one of a pair of 11x Champ aviars i bought when they first came out and had been in my bag since i got it.

both times i walked off and forgot them after showing someone a particular shot they were having trouble with.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:35 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 47.5
Courses Played: 59
Niced 330 Times in 185 Posts

Light blue 175 dx roc yesterday. User error. Too low and too much hyzer tail/cross wind up over a hill. Caught a nasty 40’ roll and ended up 20’ on to a thin ice sheet. left it there.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:50 AM

Years Playing: 1.2
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

With all the great people I meet out on course it amazes me that these same people can be such unethical jerks when it comes to finding someone else's disc. I have only ever received one call on a lost disc, yet they always have my phone number. So much for karma, as I have gone to great lengths to get found discs back.

Worst case was last week on the final hole at Lions Park in Placerville. My son in law took a couple of practice shots, got distracted and then left a Champion Daedalus near the basket. The disc was marked with name/number and "1st ace" with signature and data. What kind of douche hangs on to this disc? Sad to me because this is my hometown course and no one ever calls.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:56 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 33
Niced 127 Times in 46 Posts

Man, I could fill a whole page with stories of this nature...For whatever reason, I do seem to get a lot of calls on discs that have gone missing...

But here's one bad and one good.

Hat-in-hand, please-please-please, call me if you found this one. It's an honest-to-Gahd 2-Chain Aviar. 172 g. The weight was re-written by me in ballpoint ink. Faded orange so it looks like sherbet. The thing is butter, and I used it from its conception in the early 90's until late winter 2017-2018. Didn't secure it in my bag after a round, and it fell out somewhere near 15-18 at Winget Park in Charlotte. My name and number are in it. There is a dog bite on one edge. I damn near cried when I reached for it the following week. I don't care about its monetary "worth," I just loved throwing it.
So that's the bad. As bad as it gets. Because you know damn good and well that whoever found it knew what it was...Or, what's worse, I guess, is to think someone picked it up and threw it for their dog.

The other day I got a text from a guy who works at Innova. "Hey, someone turned in a yelllow Warship. Place an order with DGU and we'll ship it out with your order." Couldn't be easier. Ordered a cool ASL t-shirt, and sent a note, "Hey, I'm the guy whose disc you have on your desk. Here's my order number. Please send my disc with it."
And they answered back in not even an hour, "No problem, we'll take care of it." Then they thanked me for the order! I think that's fairly amazing.
I lost the thing in the river at Canaan - took a bad kick off the last possible tree. Can't believe it resurfaced...literally.

It can go either way...in more ways than three or four...

Old 06-28-2019, 10:18 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 79
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 16 Times in 12 Posts

Two mini rants here.

First agreeing with a few people on how it sucks leaving discs in the middle of a hole as a practice shot with loads of ink and it never getting returned. The 18th hole at a local course was in a long par 4 location, threw two upshots but forgot about it while walking and talking up. Disc had art, name, phone number, and pdga number and was left inside circle1/circle2 and nothing.. lost it about a month or two ago.

Today was playing a different course that I play pretty frequently, the back/mid nine plays on the other side of the park and if you aren't familiar with the course you can miss those holes. Me and my buddy make the long walk from 16 to 17 and this group was finishing hole 10 and walked over straight to 17 (missing the back 6) watched us throw, then asked me if I threw a blue warship, I said no, and he said "oh well it looked like my warship I just lost a little bit ago" I told him that we had been on the course for the last hour and half or so and that we weren't near them when they lost it. Seems a weird way to essentially accuse someone of stealing there disc and then proceeding to use it on the course.

End rant