#391  
Old 04-27-2019, 12:01 PM
danhyzer's Avatar
danhyzer danhyzer is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Years Playing: 31.3
Courses Played: 1652
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 283
Niced 24 Times in 9 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to danhyzer
Default

I was already planning to go up to Toledo for the night, so I can get a better jump on the courses I hadn't played in NW Ohio Sunday Morning (after seeing Here Comes the Mummies concert in Tiffin this past Saturday night). I double triple check my travel plans and more when i'm embarking on a road trip. So it was a pleasant surprise when I checkout the "new courses" on DGCR and saw a new 9 holer in the Toledo area (Brentwood Park) a day or so before leaving home. I bagged that simpleton DG course and 24 others on that road trip (Ohio and Indiana). My current DG course count is 1665-------------- - + (PS. Was told by the Owner, Rick of the Boonies DGC that this is probably going to be the last year his private course will be open. Sad, cause it was one of the better ones I played on this trip. If I lived closer I'd rather be playing his course than the other one in Akron, Indiana)
Sponsored Links

Reply With Quote
  #392  
Old 06-26-2019, 12:26 PM
chevis's Avatar
chevis chevis is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: the dry shttys
Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 100
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 1,477
Niced 286 Times in 138 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevis View Post
i'm almost there... got a road trip next month and will score a few more. maybe by the end of this year, especially if the rumor of 2 more courses opening here happens.
... & the new course that opened here put me to 100

Reply With Quote
  #393  
Old 07-03-2019, 08:52 AM
Discette's Avatar
Discette Discette is offline
Independent Operator*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Years Playing: 22.9
Courses Played: 503
Posts: 1,721
Niced 624 Times in 221 Posts
Default

Last weekend, Trapp Family Lodge DGC in Vermont was my "official" 500th course played. I don't write as many reviews these days because I prefer to upload course photos instead.





Attached Images
File Type: jpg Course 500 Trapp Family Lodge Tee 4.jpg (162.0 KB, 14 views)

Reply With Quote
  #394  
Old 07-05-2019, 07:45 AM
HarkeyPuck's Avatar
HarkeyPuck HarkeyPuck is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 240
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,352
Niced 203 Times in 113 Posts
Default

I need to start bagging courses again. Been stuck at 240 for a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #395  
Old 07-05-2019, 07:49 AM
Monocacy's Avatar
Monocacy Monocacy is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 163
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,500
Niced 381 Times in 180 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkeyPuck View Post
I need to start bagging courses again. Been stuck at 240 for a bit.
I hear Maine has some nice courses . . .

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #396  
Old 07-05-2019, 09:48 AM
SpikeHyzer SpikeHyzer is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my cubicle...
Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 100
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 891
Niced 116 Times in 62 Posts
Default

With my most recent vacation, I finally hit the century mark.

Reply With Quote
  #397  
Old 07-05-2019, 10:24 AM
Jukeshoe's Avatar
Jukeshoe Jukeshoe is offline
<------ [YOUR AD HERE]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Ethersphere
Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 220
Posts: 7,539
Niced 156 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhyzer View Post
I was already planning to go up to Toledo for the night, so I can get a better jump on the courses I hadn't played in NW Ohio Sunday Morning (after seeing Here Comes the Mummies concert in Tiffin this past Saturday night). I double triple check my travel plans and more when i'm embarking on a road trip. So it was a pleasant surprise when I checkout the "new courses" on DGCR and saw a new 9 holer in the Toledo area (Brentwood Park) a day or so before leaving home. I bagged that simpleton DG course and 24 others on that road trip (Ohio and Indiana). My current DG course count is 1665-------------- - + (PS. Was told by the Owner, Rick of the Boonies DGC that this is probably going to be the last year his private course will be open. Sad, cause it was one of the better ones I played on this trip. If I lived closer I'd rather be playing his course than the other one in Akron, Indiana)
Rick give a reason?

I think I was first to review and upload photos at Boonies...fun course and it'd be a shame if it closes...definitely a "hidden" gem.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #398  
Old 07-05-2019, 10:49 AM
danhyzer's Avatar
danhyzer danhyzer is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Years Playing: 31.3
Courses Played: 1652
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 283
Niced 24 Times in 9 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to danhyzer
Default What was told to me

Said he was losing money (When he told me this info, his mowing deck on his tractor just broke and he wasn't a happy person. Which I understood), and a lot of today's players just moan and groan about whatever. I also feel that the competition from the new DG course in Akron could play in his reasoning.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #399  
Old 07-05-2019, 02:07 PM
DiscGolfCraig's Avatar
DiscGolfCraig DiscGolfCraig is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 314
Posts: 1,234
Niced 179 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhyzer View Post
...and a lot of today's players just moan and groan about whatever.
Complete side note, but I just stumbled across this review. You want to know why private courses go away, it's a****les who have a sense of entitlement and say things like this:
Pros: Nice that they took the time to try and make a course.
Cons: You have to set up tee times and call people to play disc golf, just put a drop box out...

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #400  
Old 07-05-2019, 03:33 PM
Jukeshoe's Avatar
Jukeshoe Jukeshoe is offline
<------ [YOUR AD HERE]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Ethersphere
Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 220
Posts: 7,539
Niced 156 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Sorry to hear that...thanks for sharing the info!

Another course in Akron is also news to me...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
getting to 100 played magictenor1 Vacations & Road Trips 72 08-18-2014 03:20 PM
DGCR Members who have played the lower 48 Mando General Disc Golf Chat 41 09-05-2013 01:52 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.